Strategic MBA Degree Requirements
You can earn your MBA in as few as 30 hours, and add a concentration with an additional 6-9 hours. Students who are lacking prerequisites will be required to complete foundation coursework. These 1.5 credit hour foundation courses are offered in an 8-week format, and thus can be completed in a single semester.
Add to your expertise, with a concentration in Accounting, Finance, Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resource Management, or Management.
Contact an Advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Strategic MBA Curriculum Foundation Courses
The foundation courses consists of the following 4 courses, equivalent to 6 credit hours total, which may be waivable depending on prior coursework. These 1.5 credit hour foundation courses are offered in an 8-week format.
- BUSI 6A01 Introduction to Business
- BUSI 6A02 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6A01 Financial Reporting & Analysis
- ECON 6A01 Economics for Managers
Strategic MBA Curriculum Core Courses
The core curriculum consists of the following 10 courses, equivalent to 30 credit hours total.
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Contemporary MIS Issues or BUSI 6361 Introduction to Business Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Seminar in Management and Leadership
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- MGMT 6355 Operations Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
- Required Elective--Choose an advanced elective. Students choosing a concentration should select their advanced elective from the selected concentration.
- Restricted Elective--Choose one from: BUSI 6351 , ECON 6367 , FINC 6367 , MGMT 6356 , MGMT 6377 , MGMT 6387 , MKTG 6377
- MGMT 6359 Seminar in Strategic Management
- MGMT 6399 Program Capstone
Add a specialization. When combined with the required elective above, most concentrations can be completed in an additional 6-9 hours.
- Business Analytics
- Human Resources Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Artificial Intelligence (coming Spring 2024)
- Biomedical Science (coming Spring 2024)
- Computer Information Systems (coming Spring 2024)
- Cyber Security (coming Spring 2024)
- Data Science (coming Spring 2024)
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.