Strategic MBA - Marketing Degree Requirements
The Strategic MBA with a concentration in Marketing provides students with the tools to understand the scope of marketing research, buyer and industrial applications, and research methodologies to successfully analyze the ever-changing global environment.
Between 36 and 42 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA with a concentration in Marketing.
The curriculum consists of four (4) foundation courses, eight (8) core courses, four (4) required elective/concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours, except the foundation courses, which are 1.5 credit hours each.
Contact an Advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Courses
The foundation courses consists of the following 4 courses, equivalent to 6 credit hours total, which may be waivable depending on prior coursework. These 1.5 credit hour foundation courses are offered in an 8-week format.
- BUSI 6A01 Introduction to Business
- BUSI 6A02 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6A01 Financial Reporting & Analysis
- ECON 6A01 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Contemporary MIS Issues or BUSI 6361 Introduction to Business Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Seminar in Management and Leadership
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- MGMT 6355 Operations Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
- MGMT 6359 Seminar in Strategic Management
- MGMT 6399 Program Capstone
- Choose one from: BUSI 6351 , ECON 6367 , FINC 6367 , MGMT 6356 , MGMT 6377 , MGMT 6387 , MKTG 6377 ; Overlap between this restricted elective and elsewhere on the degree plan is NOT permitted
- Marketing Concentration (9 hours) Choose 3 of the following:
- MKTG 6300 Selected Topics in Marketing
- MKTG 6371 Seminar in Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 6372 Marketing Research
- MKTG 6373 Seminar in Business to Business Marketing
- MKTG 6374 Seminar in Services Marketing
- MKTG 6375 Seminar in Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKTG 6376 Seminar in Advertising
- MKTG 6377 International Marketing
- MKTG 6378 Seminar in e-Marketing
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements
Required Foundation Courses 0-6 hours
Required Core+Elective/Concentration Requirements 36 hours
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.