Strategic MBA - Marketing
Between 30 and 39 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA with a concentration in Marketing.
The curriculum consists of three (3) foundation courses, six (6) core courses, and four (4) concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses, and complete the degree with 30 credit hours.
Contact an advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Course (9 hours)
- QMSC 6351 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses (18 hours)
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
Required Capstone Course^
Required Marketing Concentration (12 hours)
Marketing provides students with the tools to understand the scope of marketing research, buyer and industrial applications, and research methodologies to successfully analyze the ever-changing global environment.
12 semester hours composed of electives selected from the following approved list.
- MKTG 6300 Selected Topics in Marketing
- MKTG 6371 Seminar in Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 6372 Marketing Research
- MKTG 6373 Seminar in Business to Business Marketing
- MKTG 6374 Seminar in Services Marketing
- MKTG 6375 Seminar in Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKTG 6376 Seminar in Advertising
- MKTG 6377 International Marketing
- MKTG 6378 Seminar in e-Marketing
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements 30 Hours
Foundation Courses* 9 hours
Core Requirements 18 hours
Academic Concentration 12 hours
Total 30 hours (*plus foundation)
^MGMT 6359 is offered in the fall or spring terms only, and requires participation in the case conference event, held during the semester of course enrollment. Information regarding the event will be provided in the course.
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.