Strategic MBA - Human Resources Management
Effective Fall 2022, Pending Final Approval
Between 39 and 51 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA with a concentration in Human Resources Management.
The curriculum consists of four (4) foundation courses, seven (7) core courses, two (2) capstone courses, one (1) required elective. The human resources management concentration can be completed by adding on three (3) additional concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the BUSI 6301, QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses.
Contact an advisor to review your transcripts, find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Course (12 hours)
- BUSI 6301 Introduction to Business
- QMSC 6351 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses (21 hours)
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- MGMT 6357 Organizational Theory and Development
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- MGMT 6355 Operations and Supply Chain Management
Required Capstone Courses (6 hours)^
- MGMT 6359 Seminar in Strategic Management
- MGMT 6399 Program Capstone^
Required Elective (3 hours)
Optional Human Resources Management Concentration (9 hours)
Human Resources Management will provide a working knowledge of staffing, training and development to explore the fundamental aspects of human resources, planning and processes, in addition to business acumen.
The UHV College of Business is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.
Nine semester hours composed of 6 hours of required courses, and three semester hours of electives selected from an approved list.
Students must select at least one course (all are 3 credit hour offerings) from the following options:
- MGMT 6353 Management of Diversity in Organizations
- MGMT 6371 Contemporary Management Issues
- MGMT 6372 Organizational Theory and Development
- MGMT 6375 Seminar in Employment Law
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements
Required Foundation Courses* 12 hours
Required Core+Capstone+Elective Requirements 30 hours
OPTIONAL Academic Concentration 9 hours
^MGMT 6359 and MGMT 6399 is offered in the fall or spring terms only, and requires participation in the case conference event, held during the semester of MGMT 6399 course enrollment. Information regarding the event will be provided in the course.
*Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the BUSI 6301, QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses, thus reducing total credit hours needed to complete program requirements.
Contact us about a waiver for the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.