Strategic MBA - Finance Degree Requirements
Between 30 and 39 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA with a concentration in Finance.
The curriculum consists of three (3) foundation courses, six (6) core courses, and four (4) concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses, and complete the degree with 30 credit hours.
Contact an advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Course (9 hours)
- QMSC 6351 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses (18 hours)
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
Required Capstone Course^
Required Finance Concentration (12 hours)
Finance will help students gain a thorough understanding of the various types of investments and their relative merits, and teach you to apply theories, models or tools to solve global business issues.
12 semester hours composed of electives selected from the following approved list.
- FINC 6300 Selected Topics in Finance
- FINC 6361 Investments
- FINC 6362 Financial Institutions & Markets
- FINC 6363 Financial Modeling
- FINC 6364 Applied Technical Analysis of Energy and Commodity Markets
- FINC 6365 Derivatives
- FINC 6366 Risk Management & Insurance
- FINC 6367 International Finance
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements 30 Hours
Foundation Courses* 9 hours
Core Requirements 18 hours
Academic Concentration 12 hours
Total 30 hours (*plus foundation)
^MGMT 6359 is offered in the fall or spring terms only, and requires participation in the case conference event, held during the semester of course enrollment. Information regarding the event will be provided in the course.
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.