Strategic MBA - Finance Degree Requirements
The Strategic MBA with a concentration in Finance will help students gain a thorough understanding of the various types of investments and their relative merits, and teach you to apply theories, models or tools to solve global business issues.
Between 36 and 42 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA with a concentration in Finance.
The curriculum consists of four (4) foundation courses, eight (8) core courses, four (4) required elective/concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours, except the foundation courses, which are 1.5 credit hours each.
Contact an Advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Courses
The foundation courses consists of the following 4 courses, equivalent to 6 credit hours total, which may be waivable depending on prior coursework. These 1.5 credit hour foundation courses are offered in an 8-week format.
- BUSI 6A01 Introduction to Business
- BUSI 6A02 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6A01 Financial Reporting & Analysis
- ECON 6A01 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Contemporary MIS Issues or BUSI 6361 Introduction to Business Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Seminar in Management and Leadership
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- MGMT 6355 Operations Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
- MGMT 6359 Seminar in Strategic Management
- MGMT 6399 Program Capstone
- Choose one from: BUSI 6351 , ECON 6367 , FINC 6367 , MGMT 6356 , MGMT 6377 , MGMT 6387 , MKTG 6377; Overlap between this restricted elective and elsewhere on the degree plan is NOT permitted
- Finance Concentration (9 hours) Choose three of the following:
- FINC 6300 Selected Topics in Finance
- FINC 6361 Investments
- FINC 6362 Financial Institutions & Markets
- FINC 6363 Financial Modeling
- FINC 6364 Technical Analysis of Financial Markets
- FINC 6365 Derivatives
- FINC 6366 Risk Management & Insurance
- FINC 6367 International Finance
- FINC 6368 Financial Data Analytics
- FINC 6369 Digital Finance
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements
Required Foundation Courses 0-6 hours
Required Core+Elective/Concentration Requirements 36 hours
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.