Strategic MBA Degree Requirements
Between 30 and 39 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA.
The curriculum consists of three (3) foundation courses, six (6) core courses, and four (4) concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or the ECON 6351 foundation courses, and complete the degree with 30 credit hours
Contact an advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Strategic MBA Curriculum Foundation Courses
- QMSC 6351 Statistics & Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting & Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Strategic MBA Curriculum Core Courses
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MGMT 6359 Seminar in Strategic Management
Select one from six possible areas of concentration, and take four elective courses within that concentration. Select your electives with the help of your advisor.
- Human Resources Management^
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.
^The UHV College of Business is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP® recertification activities.