Strategic MBA - Business Analytics Degree Requirements
Effective Fall 2022, Pending Final Approval
Between 30 and 51 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA+ with a concentration in Business Analytics.
The curriculum consists of four (4) foundation courses, seven (7) core courses, two (2) capstone courses, one (1) required elective. The business analytics concentration can be completed by adding on four (4) additional concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the BUSI 6301, QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses.
Contact an advisor to review your transcripts, find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Course (12 hours)
- BUSI 6301 Introduction to Business
- QMSC 6351 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses (21 hours)
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- MGMT 6357 Organizational Theory and Development
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- MGMT 6355 Operations Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
Required Elective (3 hours)
Choose an advanced elective, selected from the available concentration offerings. Students choosing a concentration should select their advanced elective from the selected concentration.
Required Capstone Courses (6 hours)^
Optional Business Analytics Concentration (12 hours)
Business Analytics will provide core decision-making skills and an in-depth understanding of how businesses can leverage big data.
Twelve semester hours composed of the following required courses.
- BUSI 6361 Introduction to Business Analytics
- BUSI 6362 Methods for Business Analytics
- BUSI 6363 Data Visualization for Business Analytics
- BUSI 6364 Software for Business Analytics
Total Program Requirements
Required Foundation Courses* 12 hours
Required Core+Capstone+Elective Requirements 30 hours
OPTIONAL Academic Concentration 9-12 hours
^MGMT 6359 and MGMT 6399 is offered in the fall or spring terms only, and requires participation in the case conference event, held during the semester of MGMT 6399 course enrollment. Information regarding the event will be provided in the course.
*Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the BUSI 6301, QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses, thus reducing total credit hours needed to complete program requirements.
Contact us about a waiver for the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.