Strategic MBA - Accounting Degree Requirements
Between 30 and 39 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA with a concentration in Accounting.
The curriculum consists of three (3) foundation courses, six (6) core courses, and four (4) concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses, and complete the degree with 30 credit hours.
Contact an advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Course (9 hours)
- QMSC 6351 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses (18 hours)
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
Required Capstone Course^
Required Accounting Concentration (12 hours)
Accounting provides the technical knowledge and critical thinking capabilities to solve complex accounting problems, while completing the accounting hours to become 150-ready for the CPA exam.
12 semester hours composed of 3 hours required accounting courses, and 9 semester hours of electives selected from an approved list.
- ACCT 6371 Advanced Auditing
- For students coming from non-accounting undergraduate programs, additional undergraduate prerequisites may be required for enrollment in the concentration courses.
9 semester hours selected from the following courses:
- ACCT 6300 Selected Topics in Accounting
- ACCT 6354 Corporate Taxation
- ACCT 6372 Advanced Studies in Taxation
- ACCT 6373 Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- ACCT 6374 Seminar in Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 6375 Oil & Gas Accounting
- ACCT 6376 Tax Research
- ACCT 6377 International Accounting
- ACCT 6378 Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 6380 Forensic Accounting
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements 30 Hours
Foundation Courses* 9 hours
Core Requirements 18 hours
Academic Concentration 12 hours
Total 30 hours (*plus foundation)
^MGMT 6359 is offered in the fall or spring terms only, and requires participation in the case conference event, held during the semester of course enrollment. Information regarding the event will be provided in the course.
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.