Strategic MBA - Accounting Degree Requirements
Between 30 and 51 credit hours of coursework is needed to complete the Strategic MBA+ with a concentration in Accounting.
The curriculum consists of four (4) foundation courses, seven (7) core courses, two (2) capstone courses, one (1) required elective. The accounting concentration can be completed by adding on three (3) additional concentration courses. All classes are 3 credit hours. Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the BUSI 6301, QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses.
Contact an advisor to have your transcripts reviewed, to find out if the GMAT exam can be waived, and to receive your customized degree plan.
Required Foundation Course (12 hours)
- BUSI 6301 Introduction to Business
- QMSC 6351 Statistics and Research Methods
- ACCT 6351 Financial Reporting and Analysis
- ECON 6351 Economics for Managers
Required Core Courses (21 hours)
- ACCT 6352 Strategic Cost Management
- MGMT 6352 Management Information Systems and Data Analytics
- MGMT 6354 Organizational Leadership and Ethics
- MGMT 6357 Organizational Theory and Development
- FINC 6352 Financial Management
- MKTG 6352 Strategic Marketing Management
- MGMT 6355 Operations Management: Creating Competitive Advantages
Required Elective (3 hours)
Required Capstone Courses (6 hours)^
Optional Accounting Concentration (9 hours)
Accounting provides the technical knowledge and critical thinking capabilities to solve complex accounting problems, while completing the accounting hours to become 150-ready for the CPA exam. 9 semester hours of electives selected from the below approved list.
For students coming from non-accounting undergraduate programs, additional undergraduate prerequisites may be required for enrollment in the concentration courses.
9 semester hours selected from the following courses:
- ACCT 6300 Selected Topics in Accounting
- ACCT 6354 Corporate Taxation
- ACCT 6372 Advanced Studies in Taxation
- ACCT 6373 Contemporary Issues in Accounting
- ACCT 6374 Seminar in Accounting Ethics
- ACCT 6375 Oil & Gas Accounting
- ACCT 6376 Tax Research
- ACCT 6377 International Accounting
- ACCT 6378 Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 6380 Forensic Accounting
- BUSI 6390 Field Studies/Internship
- BUSI 6391 Study Abroad
Total Program Requirements
Required Foundation Courses* 12 hours
Required Core+Capstone+Elective Requirements 30 hours
OPTIONAL Academic Concentration 9-12 hours
^MGMT 6359 and MGMT 6399 is offered in the fall or spring terms only, and requires participation in the case conference event, held during the semester of MGMT 6399 course enrollment. Information regarding the event will be provided in the course.
*Students who have sufficient academic backgrounds may be eligible to waive the BUSI 6301, QMSC 6351, ACCT 6351, and/or ECON 6351 foundation courses, thus reducing total credit hours needed to complete program requirements.
Contact us about waiving the GMAT exam and to learn more about financing your degree.