Dual Credit

UHV began offering Dual Credit coursework in spring 2015. High school juniors and seniors who participate in dual credit courses have the opportunity to earn high school and college level credit simultaneously. In most cases dual credit coursework is applicable to Texas Core Curriculum requirements and should transfer to any Texas public institution of higher education.

UHV has signed agreement in place with St. Joseph High School in Victoria and Goliad ISD, with other agreements on the horizon.

If you're interested in learning more about the dual credit program at UHV, please contact Magen Besancon in the School of Arts & Sciences, at 361-570-4185 or besanconm@uhv.edu

Dual Credit Form

Checklist for Dual Credit Admissions

A student's first step in the application process is to meet with their high school counselor to receive academic advising on appropriate class selection. Students should then be ready to continue through the application process:

  1. Application - Submit an application for University of Houston- Victoria admission using Apply Texas. Students should be emailed a confirmation email with instructions for logging into their MyUHV account where they can track application status.

  2. UHV Dual Credit Agreement - Submit a UHV Dual Credit Agreement and return the completed form to your high school counselor.

  3. Test Scores - Determine & verify student has the required test scores. If a student needs to take the TSI test, please visit the UHV Testing Center for the schedule of test dates.

  4. Transcript - Request and confirm most current high school transcript has been sent to UHV Admissions Office with all completed coursework through the sophomore year. For students entering their junior year for the fall, UHV will accept the most current transcript until the sophomore year is completed. These students should then have their completed sophomore year transcript sent.
  5. Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination - If a student is planning to be on the UHV campus for more than 10 consecutive days, they will need proof of a current Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination.  The vaccination must be less than 5 years old from the start of the semester.
  6. Authorization to Release Educational Records- All dual credit students are required to sign the Authorization to Release Educational Records Form. Counselors and parents/guardians should be listed on the form so we are able to communicate with the school and family.

  7. Registration- Once approved by UHV and the high school, a UHV liaison will register the student for class(es).

  8. Apply for Scholarships - All students are encouraged to apply for a UHV scholarship.

  9. Pay for Class(es) - Pay tuition & fees via your MyUHV account online, by mail, or in person with the Student Billing. It is the student's responsibility to check his or her MyUHV to make payments by the appropriate deadline and ensure their schedules are correct.

  10. Textbooks - Purchase required textbooks.