Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
All applications (including all required documents) must be completed by the following dates:
Students may start the criminal justice M.A. program during fall or spring semesters.
Admission to the criminal justice program is based on an evaluation by the program’s admission committee of the following information.
- $25 application fee on ApplyTexas website.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-family members. One of these letters may be written from a UHV source.
- A 1-2 page essay that states the applicant’s reasons for applying to the program and the applicant’s career goals.
- An earned undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) or higher.
- Official GRE scores - Waivers granted for candidates with previous graduate or professional degree or undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official transcripts sent directly to the Office of Admissions from every institution previously attended.
Applicants may log into their MyUHV student service center and check their To Do List for outstanding requirements that must be met before their application can be reviewed.
The Criminal Justice M.A. program will not allow students to have Temporary Graduate Student status. All students must gain entry to this program through the admission procedures listed above.