Program Mission and Educational Objectives
Computer Science Program Mission
The mission of the Computer Science Program is to develop the skills and analytical abilities of its students, helping them become highly professional computer scientists capable of actively contributing to their communities and committed to lifelong learning, development, and success. Constant striving toward excellence in teaching and quality undergraduate research results in sustaining our renowned academic environment.
The mission of the Computer Science Program can be summarized as follows:
- Developing highly professional computer scientists capable of actively contributing to their communities.
- Supporting the commitment of students to lifelong learning, development, and success.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the UHV Computer Science Program will:
- Participate in the productive practice of designing and implementing computer-based systems across a broad range of application areas.
- Have successful careers in industry, government, or academia.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Year||Academic Year||Number of students Graduated|