Yun Wan, Ph.D.
Chair, Computer Science Division
Professor of Computer Information Systems
Phone: (361) 570-4201
Dr. Wan joined the University of Houston Victoria in 2004. His primary research interests are electronic commerce. He also studies decision support systems and enterprise systems development. He serves as associate editor for Electronic Markets and editorial board member for Journal of Electronic Commerce in Organizations. He received his Ph.D. in Management Information Systems from University of Illinois at Chicago.
Recent Selected Publications
- Nakayama, M., & Wan, Y. (2021). A quick bite and instant gratification: A simulated Yelp.com experiment on consumer review information foraging behavior. Information Processing & Management, 58(1), 1–15.
- Wan, Y., & Zhu, Q. (2020). The IT Challenges in Disaster Relief: What We Learned From Hurricane Harvey. IT Professional, 22(6), 52–58.
- Nakayama, M., & Wan, Y. (2019). The cultural impact on social commerce: A sentiment analysis on Yelp ethnic restaurant reviews. Information & Management, 56(2), 271–279.
- Nakayama, M., & Wan, Y. (2018). Is culture of origin associated with more expressions? An analysis of Yelp reviews on Japanese restaurants. Tourism Management, 66.
- Wan, Y. (2015). The Matthew Effect in social commerce: The case of online review helpfulness. Electronic Markets, 25(4), 313–324.