Your Will or Living Trust
A Gift in Your Will or Living Trust
Interested in helping University of Houston-Victoria with our mission but feel overwhelmed by the thought of writing another check or giving up your assets today? A simple, flexible and versatile way to ensure we can continue our work for years to come is a gift in your will or living trust, known as a charitable bequest.
By including a bequest to University of Houston-Victoria in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can continue our mission for years to come.
Your Will: It's More Than Legalese
It’s one of the most important legal documents you’ll ever create; a will dictates how you want your assets distributed after you’re gone. But beyond legalities, a will is a reflection of your life. It reveals who and what mattered most to you, and it’s the final gesture by which you’ll be remembered.
A well-planned will relieves family members from having to guess your final wishes during their time of grief, and it ensures they are taken care of in the manner you specify. When you provide for an organization such as University of Houston-Victoria in your will, you also extend your legacy of caring and generosity.
A will has extraordinary potential. Consider what a will can do for you:
- Name a guardian for minor children
- Make financial arrangements for family members
- Provide for a pet
- Protect your business
- Forgive a debt
- Direct the division of your property (so the state does not)
- Choose the executor for your estate
- Reduce estate administration expenses
- Provide for a charitable organization
Already Have a Will?
Make sure it’s up-to-date. Life changes such as the following should trigger a review of your will:
- Change in marital status
- Increased/decreased estate value
- Move to another state
Contact your estate planning attorney to make any changes.
Want to Add Us to Your Existing Will?
You don’t need to create a new will. Simply ask your attorney to prepare a codicil, a document that amends your original will. This is a common way to make minor changes.
Your Will Can Further Our Mission
- Contact Jesse D. Pisors at (361)570-4829 for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support University of Houston-Victoria with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name University of Houston-Victoria in your plans, please use our legal name and Federal Tax ID.
Legal Name: University of Houston-Victoria
Address: 3007 N. Ben Wilson, Victoria TX 77901
Federal Tax ID Number: 74-6001399
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.