Transfer Plan for Lone Star College - Web and Media
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science
(University minimum requirements 120 hours)
Core Requirements (Community College course work found on Lone Start Program Plan sites)
Students may select from 6 tracks:
- Computer Programming program plan
- Cybersecurity program plan
- Geographic Information Systems program plan
- Integrated Technology program plan
- Mobile/Web Application program plan
- Networking program plan
Complete courses required for the Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in your chosen Workforce Program (AAS) at Lone Star College. Student can also take general education (core curriculum) courses required for chosen Workforce Program (AAS).
Upper-Division Courses (UHV Course Work)
- COMM 43XX - Upper division COMM course
- ENGL 3430 - Professional Writing
- ENGL XXXX - Upper division English course
- HUMA 4322 - Ethics
- ARTV 1345 - 3-D Modeling and Rendering
- ARTV 1345 - 3-D Animation
- ARTV 2351 - 3-D Animation II
- COSC 1436 or Core Course - Programming Fundamentals I or additional core course
- COSC 3325 - Info Systems in Organizations
- COSC 4321 - IT Project Management
- COSC 4339 - Telecommunications & Networking
- COSC 4350 - Info, Security, Privacy & Ethics
- 21 semester hours of upper division COSC courses
- 6 semester hours of Core Curriculum courses
EDUC 1300 is required for all First Time in College (FTIC) students at Lone Star College. If not FTIC, take COSC 1301 (less than 5 years old) to satisfy institutional requirement at UHV. Students who are FTIC are still required to complete COSC 1301.
If this course was completed as part of AAS program, select remaining core curriculum courses. AAS degrees at LSC require at least 15 hours of general education (core curriculum) for completion. Students also need to satisfy additional core curriculum requirements to become “core complete” to earn the BAAS at UHV. Students can take these courses at Lone Star College or UHV. Completion of COSC 1336, COSC 1337, and ENGL 1302 (prerequisite for upper division ENGL at UHV) at LSC is recommended prior to transfer. Students should consult with an advisor regarding UHV maximum transfer hours.
Select 2 upper-division COSC courses from the following: COSC 3315, COSC 3317, COSC 4305, COSC 4320, COSC 4336, COSC 4341, COSC 4355
Choose additional upper-division COSC courses in multimedia animation, graphics and gaming, with advisor approval.