Transfer Plan for Lone Star College - Biology
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences
(University minimum requirements 120 hours)
Core Requirements (Community College course work found on Lone Start Program Plan sites)
Students may select from 13 tracks:
- Biotechnology program plan
- Dental Hygiene program plan
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography program plan
- Emergency Medical Services Professions program plan
- Health Information Technology program plan
- Medical Radiologic Technology program plan
- Nursing program plan
- Occupational Therapy Assistant program plan
- Pharmacy Management program plan
- Physical Therapist Assistant program plan
- Respiratory Care Therapist program plan
- Surgical Technology program plan
- Veterinary Technology program plan
Complete courses required for the Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in your chosen Workforce Program (AAS) at Lone Star College. Student can also take general education (core curriculum) courses required for chosen Workforce Program (AAS).
Upper-Division Courses (UHV Course Work)
- COMM 3325 - Advanced Professional Speaking
- COMM 4314 - Intercultural Communication
- ENGL 3430 - Professional Writing
- HUMA 4322 - Ethics
- 15 semester hours of BIOL and BIOL LAB upper division concentration courses
- 15 semester hours of Core Curriculum courses
- 12 semester hours any upper division elective course
EDUC 1300 is required for all First Time in College (FTIC) students at Lone Star College. If not FTIC, take COSC 1301 (less than 5 years old) to satisfy institutional requirement at UHV. Students who are FTIC are still required to complete COSC 1301.
AAS degrees at LSC require at least 15 hours of general education (core curriculum) for completion. Students also need to satisfy additional core curriculum requirements to become “core complete” to earn the BAAS at UHV (LSC courses should include BIOL 1406 and BIOL 2401 or CHEM 1411). Students can take these courses at Lone Star college or UHV. Completion of ENGL 1302 (prerequisite for ENGL 3430 at UHV) is recommended prior to transfer. Students should consult with an advisor regarding UHV transfer limits.
17 semester credit hours of upper division (UD) Biology is required, including 2 hours of laboratory coursework (two 1-hour labs).
10 semester credit hours of upper division (UD) electives are required.