University of Houston-Victoria


Transfer Credit

UHV is proud of the transfer student partnerships we have established. Listed below are the community college systems that offer seamless transfer plans from their respective institutions to UHV. To view a full list of transfer programs, please visit the Office of the Provost

General Regulations

Undergraduate coursework completed at previously attended colleges and universities initially is evaluated based on four general criteria:

  1. Core curriculum requirements - Coursework completed at a Texas public institution of higher education that meets that institution’s core curriculum requirement will be accepted and will satisfy UHV’s core curriculum requirement provided the credits are within the approved transfer curriculum of the student’s declared major at UHV. This acceptance is based upon Rule 5.402 of the Texas Administrative Code.

  2. Accreditation status of sending institution - Coursework must come from an institution recognized in some form by the U.S. Department of Education or the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Academic coursework completed at a regionally accredited institution at the college level that is not remedial generally is accepted when criteria Nos. 3 and 4 are met. All other coursework, including that which is completed at an institution of higher education with national accreditation, is reviewed on a case-by-case basis with required consideration of the following two criteria.

  3. Compatibility with academic coursework at UHV - Courses must be equivalent to courses offered at UHV and will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis by the appropriate UHV school for equivalency.

  4. Applicability to program of study - Courses must fulfill established degree requirements for graduation as either elective or major credit and will be reviewed on a course-by-course basis by the appropriate UHV school for applicability to the program of study.

Questions regarding transfer of credit should be directed to transfer credit staff in Admissions & Student Recruitment or to the appropriate school’s dean for the student’s academic program of study.