Transfer to Finish at UHV!
The University of Houston-Victoria is a transfer-friendly university where you can find a transfer plan that will help you reach your goals. UHV offers seamless transfer plans from various institutions. Whether you are looking for a career in psychology, business, computer science, history, education, among many others, or if you have a technical degree and want to transfer it into a bachelor’s degree program, we have the right transfer plan for you.
UHV gives you options. Complete your degree at our campus in Victoria, at our instructional site in Katy or online!
Transfer in 3 Easy Steps
Step 1: Connect with us
Step 2: Complete the online application for UHV
Complete an online application and pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee (you may also pay at a later time over the phone or online).
Step 3: Submit all official transcripts
UHV requires official transcripts from all institutions attended. Contact all institutions to send official transcripts to UHV.
Mail an Official Transcript to:
University of Houston-Victoria
Office of Admissions
3007 N. Ben Wilson
Victoria, Texas 77901
- If transcripts are from outside of the U.S., the document must be translated and evaluated by a NACES accredited service. International college transcripts evaluation must include a course-by-course evaluation.
- Please note that UHV does not accept unofficial, faxed or emailed transcripts.
- 12 or more college credit hours – Victoria Campus
- 45+ college credit hours – UHV Katy
- 2.0/4.0 scale cumulative GPA – 2.5 for School of Education programs
- Meet Texas Success Initiative requirements
- If under the age of 22, provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccine
- Application Deadline: 01/06/2021
- Document Deadline: 01/08/2021
- Payment Deadline: 01/12/2021
Spring classes begin: 01/19/2021
- Application Deadline: 05/14/2021
- Document Deadline: 05/21/2021
- Payment Deadline: 06/01/2021
Summer classes begin: 06/07/2021
- Submit admissions application
- Submit all official transcripts
- Pay the $25 nonrefundable application fee
- Provide proof of Bacterial Meningitis shot (if 22 or younger)
- Submit FAFSA application (UHV code: 013231)
- Set up UHV student account
- Submit UHV scholarship application (one application for all)
- Check application status
- Connect with your advisor
- Attend mandatory transfer orientation
UHV has partnership agreements with several community colleges. These partnerships ensure that you save time and money while completing your bachelor’s degree. Find your institution below to see the list of transfer degree plans to help you finish your degree without taking courses that you do not need.
- Victoria College
- Houston Community College
- Lone Star College
- Wharton County Junior College
- Texas State Technical College
UHV awards $34 million in financial aid assistance annually. You can qualify for federal grants, state grants and institutional scholarships, as well as a $500 transfer scholarship.
Consortium Agreements (Co-Enrolled Hours)
A consortium agreement will allow UHV to combine hours enrolled at UHV and the host institution. Learn more about our Consortium Agreements at UHV.
Financial aid and scholarships require enrollment in a minimum number of semester hours. It is important that you understand your enrollment and the minimum number of enrolled credit hours for the aid available. Learn more about financial aid and eligibility in our Financial Aid page.
Enrollment Status for fall, spring or summer
- Full-time status is 12 or more credit hours
- 3/4 time status is 9-11 credit hours
- 1/2 time status is 6-8 credit hours
Important Financial Aid Dates
- October 1: FAFSA Available
- October 15: Spring Priority Application deadline
- March 15: Fall and Summer Priority Application deadline
UHV only requires ONE scholarship application to see if you may qualify for any of the institutional scholarships available. There are currently more than 50 scholarships available with a variety of different requirements. You can find the full list and the scholarship application on our scholarships page. Do not forget to apply!
$500 Transfer Scholarship Requirements
- Enroll at least part-time (6+ credit hours)
- Transfer 30 or more credits to UHV (45+ if transferring to Katy)
- 2.0 GPA or higher
- Complete the FAFSA application
- Complete the UHV Scholarship application
Explore our beautiful and comfortable on-campus housing options. As a transfer student, you too can enjoy all of the advantages of living on campus, including meal plans, on-campus events, and residency scholarships.
- Jaguar Village: With a convenient location with unmatched amenities.
- Smith Hall: Our brand new residence hall offers suite-style living. It is located next to UHV University Commons.
How to apply for housing
- Step 1: Complete the housing application in the housing portal
- Step 2: Electronically sign the housing agreement
- Step 3: Submit the $200 housing deposit
For more information about housing options or to get assistance with the application process, contact Residence Life by email or (361) 485-4404.
Meal plan options
UHV offers a variety of affordable dining options. Our dining services will cater to your needs for on-campus dining.
Use our tuition calculator to help you decide based on cost!
Top 3 reasons for considering on-campus living:
- Transfer to enjoy the full campus living college experience.
- Make life-long friendships.
- Maximize your opportunities to connect with professors and even begin a student organization!