Transfer Plan for Lone Star College - General Business
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences
(University minimum requirements 120 hours)
Core Requirements (Community College course work found on Lone Start Program Plan sites)
Students may select from 3 tracks:
Complete courses required for the Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in your chosen Workforce Program (AAS) at Lone Star College. Students can also take general education (core curriculum) courses required for chosen Workforce Program (AAS).
Upper-Division Courses (UHV Course Work)
- COMM 3325 - Advanced Professional Speaking
- COMM 4314 - Intercultural Communication
- ENGL 3430 - Professional Writing
- HUMA 4322 - Ethics
- MGMT 3303 - Principles of Management
- MKTG 3303 - Principles of Marketing
- 21 semester hours of Core Curriculum courses
- 9 semester hours of IBUC, MGMT and/or MKTG courses
- 6 semester hours of lower division elective course
- 9 semester hours for any upper division elective course
EDUC 1300 is required for all First Time in College (FTIC) students at Lone Star College. If not FTIC, take COSC 1301 (less than 5 years old) to satisfy institutional requirements at UHV. Students who are FTIC are still required to complete COSC 1301.
AAS degrees at LSC require at least 15 hours of general education (core curriculum) for completion. Students also need to satisfy additional core curriculum requirements to become “core complete” to earn the BAAS at UHV. Students can take these courses at Lone Star College or UHV. Completion of ENGL 1302 (prerequisite to upper division ENGL at UHV) is recommended prior to transfer. Students should consult with an advisor regarding UHV transfer limits.
Students must complete 15 hours of UD business courses from at least two of the following areas: International Business, Management, and/or Marketing. No more than 9 hours may be taken in any one area.
Students may select lower division (1000 and 2000 sequence) courses to complete 120 hours for degree completion if needed.