Transfer Plan for Lone Star College - Computer Information Systems
Bachelor of Applied Arts and Science
(University minimum requirements 120 hours)
Core Requirements (Community College course work found on Lone Start Program Plan sites)
Students may select from 6 tracks:
- Computer Programming program plan
- Cybersecurity program plan
- Geographic Information Systems program plan
- Integrated Technology program plan
- Mobile/Web Application program plan
- Networking program plan
Complete courses required for the Level 1/Level 2 Certificate in your chosen Workforce Program (AAS) at Lone Star College. Students can also take general education (core curriculum) courses required for chosen Workforce Program (AAS).
Upper-Division Courses (UHV Course Work)
- GMNG 4323 - Digital Games as Communication
- ENGL 3430 - Professional Writing
- ENGL 4327 - Interactive Narrative
- HUMA 4322 - Ethics
- COSC 3325 - Info Systems in Organizations
- COSC 4321 - IT Project Management
- COSC 4339 - Telecommunications & Networking
- COSC 4350 - Info, Security, Privacy & Ethics
- 21 semester hours of upper-division COSC courses
- 15 semester hours of Core Curriculum courses
EDUC 1300 is required for all First Time in College (FTIC) students at Lone Star College. If not FTIC, take COSC 1301 (less than 5 years old) to satisfy institutional requirements at UHV. Students who are FTIC are still required to complete COSC 1301.
AAS degrees at LSC require at least 15 hours of general education (core curriculum) for completion. Students also need to satisfy additional core curriculum requirements to become “core complete” to earn the BAAS at UHV. Students can take these courses at Lone Star College or UHV. Completion of COSC 1336, COSC 1337, ENGL 1302 (prerequisite for upper division ENGL at UHV) is recommended prior to transfer to UHV. Students should consult with an advisor regarding UHV transfer limits.
Select 2 courses from the following: COSC 3315, COSC 3317, COSC 4305, COSC 4320, COSC 4336, COSC 4341, COSC 4355
Choose upper-division COSC courses (note previously taken) with advisor approval.