University of Houston-Victoria


Veteran Benefits

Certifying Veterans Affairs Official

Jeremy and Bianca are the military benefited student’s connection to their VA educational benefits. They are the point of contact that can help military benefited students utilize any educational benefits that goes through the VA. Add their contact information below the pictures.

Jeremy Iarossi

Jeremy Larossi
Veterans Affairs Certifying Official
Phone: (361) 570-4138

Jeremy is the Certifying Official for the VA. Several members of his family have served as Veterans and he feels it's his duty now to give back to those that have served.

"No one who serves should wonder if there's a future for them in education. It's my duty to see those futures come to pass, and to be there every step of the way for our veterans who want to continue to serve their communities through education."



Bianca Singh
Senior Financial Aid Specialist and a Veteran Certifying Official
Phone: (361) 570-4125

Bianca is here to help provide the necessary assistance to Veterans and their families so they can achieve any academic goals. Bianca’s intention is to ease any stress or anxieties that may come along the way while applying to UHV. Bianca’s passion is to find ways to serve all UHV students and veterans by providing the best customer service. Please reach out to her regarding VA or financial aid questions. 

Ch. 33/ Post 911

  • VA Form 22-1990 (first time) OR 22-1995 (if using benefits and transferring from another school)
  • Certificate of Eligibility
  • DD214
  • Military Transcripts (Joint Service Transcripts)
  • Chapter 33 Third Party Sponsor Agreement

Ch. 35 (Dependents) Child/Spouse

  • VA Form 22-5490 (first time) OR 22-5495 (if using benefits and transferring from another school)
  • Certificate of Eligibility (this will be mailed to you, the dependent, once the VA Form is turned in to the VA)

Ch. 31 Vocational Rehab Veteran

  • Contact your case manager to submit your request through Tungsten
  • DD214

Chapter 1606 & 1607 – Military Reserve

  • VA Form 22-1990 (first time) OR 22-1995 (if using benefits and transferring from another school)
  • Letter from the Company Commander stating your Tuition Assistance

Hazlewood Tuition Exemption

The Hazlewood Exemption is to provide an education benefit to honorably discharged or separated Texas veterans who have exhausted all of their VA Educational Benefits. In accordance with Senate Bill 1210, effective Fall 2014 undergraduate students must have a 2.0 GPA and graduate students must have a 3.0 GPA to be eligible for Hazlewood exemption benefits.

For question regarding benefits, contact the Veteran Regional Office:

Veterans Administration Regional Office
6900 Almeda Road
Houston, TX 77030
Telephone Number 1-800-827-1000


College Scholarships For Military Veterans

Various scholarships available to veterans:

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)

The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides up to $4,000 of Financial Assistance for military spouses who are pursuing degree programs, licenses or credentials leading to employment in portable career fields.

Spouses can contact MilitaryOneSource for education counseling and help finding alternative funding sources. Call toll free at: 1-800-342-9647.

Learn more about the MyCAA Career Advancement Accounts program.