Graduate Admissions Process
Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment3007 North Ben Wilson - UW 133Victoria, TX 77901P: (361) 570-4110Office Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Due to the impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic, UHV has initiated the following temporary admissions accommodations for our new, incoming students.
*Application deadlines have been extended to the following dates:
- Summer Friday, May 22; document deadline: May 29
- Fall Friday, August 14; document deadline: August 21
|Application Type||Application Opens||Priority Deadline|
|Fall Semester||August 1, 2020||August 10, 2021|
|Psychology Programs (Graduate-Level)||August 1, 2020||February 15, 2021|
|Criminal Justice Program (Graduate-Level)||August 1, 2020||June 1 (fall); Nov. 1 (spring)|
|Spring Semester||February 10, 2020||January 2, 2021|
|MBA 8WK - 2||August 1, 2020||March 11, 2021|
|Summer Semester||August 1, 2020||May 10, 2021|
Under state statutes pursuant to Title 3 Texas Education Code and the Rules and Regulations for Determining Residence Status made known by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) which interpret those statutes, an individual will be classified as a resident or nonresident. Residency rules are adopted and amended by legislative action.
Application Process for:
- New graduate program candidate
- Students seeking temporary graduate admissions
- Former UHV students
Visit the Apply Texas web page to submit a new transfer admissions application. If you're new to Apply Texas, you will be asked to first, activate an Apply Texas account. However, if you already have an account established, simply log into the portal to continue the process.
Before submitting the application, you will be asked to submit a non-refundable/transferrable $25.00 fee.
Submit all official college transcripts to the Office of Admissions & Student Recruitment. To expedite the processing of your application, we encourage for all documents to be submitted *electronically.
However, if electronic documents are unavailable, physical copies can be mailed to:
University of Houston - Victoria3007 North Ben WilsonVictoria, TX 77901Attn: Admissions & Student Recruitment
*electronic transcript format (e.g. Parchment)
Note: additional documentation may be required to satisfy program admissions
Academic Program Requirements
For the most current program admissions information, please visit the host academic school's graduate program page.
Who are considered former students?
- Students who have not enrolled at UHV for 13 uninterrupted months (3 consecutive terms) from their initial semester
- Students with an application which has been discontinued for non-enrollment
- Has earned a bachelor's or graduate degree
- Update to Admissions Application – Former UHV Students
- Update to Admissions Application – (online only) Current UHV Students
- Military Waiver Request Form for Residency
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver