Graduate Admissions Process
Priority Application Deadlines:
Fall (August 10th) Spring (January 3rd) Summer (May 10th)
UHV offers many graduate degree programs. There also are a number of specialized certifications and dual degree programs available for students. Each school's graduate advisor is the best source of information regarding admissions to your chosen program. You also are encouraged to refer to the UHV catalog for updated admissions or degree requirements for your chosen program. Admissions requirements vary by academic school.
How to Apply:
- Submit a graduate admissions application ($25 non-refundable fee will apply)
- Provide all official academic transcripts and test scores to Admissions
A former UHV student is required to submit:
- a new admission application
- $25 non-refundable/non-transferrable application fee
- official transcripts from all institutions attended since last enrollment at UHV (if applicable)
Who are former students?
- Students who have not enrolled at UHV for 13 uninterrupted months (3 consecutive terms) from their initial semester
- Students with an application which has been discontinued for non-enrollment
- Has earned a bachelor's or graduate degree
Admissions Requirements (Temporary Graduates)
To be eligible for admission under the temporary graduate classification in the graduate's career, a student must have at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution but not be admitted to a graduate program at UHV. Students seeking graduate admission into the Master of Arts in Psychology and/or the School of Business Administration graduate programs, may not apply for temporary graduate admission.
Program Application Deadline Exceptions:
February 15 - Graduate Psychology Programs: School Psyc., Forensic Psyc., and Counseling Psyc.
March 11 - 8WK-2 MBA students
- A completed application ($25 non-refundable fee will apply) for graduate admissions.
- An official transcript from all institutions previously attended (mailed directly from the institution to UHV). The transcript must have a prior degree(s) posted, or applicant must provide degree confirmation certificate.
- If you are under 22 years old, the State of Texas requires you to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.
- Update to Admissions Application – Former UHV Students
- Update to Admissions Application – (online only) Current UHV Students
- Military Waiver Request Form for Residency
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver