University of Houston-Victoria


Graduate Admissions Process

Admission to a graduate program is a two-phase process: (1) admission to the university and (2) admission to the specific graduate program you wish to attend. The program you are interested in may have specific requirements or deadlines, so please read this page carefully and feel free to check with the program coordinator for your specific area of study.

Phase 1: Graduate Admission to the University

To apply for a graduate program, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from an institution accredited by CHEA-recognized institutional accreditation agencies. Credit earned prior to an institution receiving accreditation/recognition is not accepted for admission or transfer.

For graduate admission, applicants with international credentials must have earned a baccalaureate degree comparable to a 4-year baccalaureate degree in the United States. Foreign institutions that may not be formally accredited by United States accrediting agencies must be recognized by the Ministry of Education in the country where the institution is located as maintaining high academic standards and authorized to grant degrees by the Ministry of Education or appropriate government agency in the country where the institution is located.

Admission to the university does not guarantee a student's admission to a graduate program. Each graduate program determines whether or not an applicant is qualified for admission into that particular program. Admission to the university requires two steps:

Step 1: Visit the ApplyTexas web page to submit a new admissions application. If you're new to ApplyTexas, you will first need to create an account with ApplyTexas. However, if you already have an account established, simply log into the portal to continue the process. Before submitting the application, you will be asked to submit a non-refundable $25.00 fee.

Step 2: Submit all official college transcripts to the Office of Admissions. To expedite the processing of your application, we encourage for all documents to be submitted electronically (e.g., using a service such as Parchment for electronic transcripts).

Following an initial review of your application and transcripts, there will be an initial decision regarding your admission to the university. If you are admitted, your application will move to Phase 2: Admission to the Program.

Phase 2: Graduate Admission to a Specific Program of Study

Once you are admitted to the university, your application will be evaluated based on the requirements of the specific program you are applying to. Each program has specific requirements, dates, and deadlines. Some programs will require you to submit letters of recommendation, test scores (e.g., GRE, GMAT, etc.), or other documents. Please check the links below for specific requirements.

Admissions Requirements

College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences

Creative Writing, Criminal Justice, Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies, Psychology (Counseling Psychology, Forensic Psychology, School Psychology), Publishing

College of Business

Accountancy, Global MBA, Strategic MBA

College of Education and Health Professions

Adult and Higher Education, Counseling (Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Professional School Counseling), Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Leadership (Principal or Superintendent), Educational Technology, Organizational Leadership, Special Education, Sports Management

College of Natural and Applied Science

Biomedical Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science

Contact us

Office of Admissions 
3007 North Ben Wilson
University West room 133
Victoria, TX 77901
(361) 570-4110
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. 

Admissions Forms

‌All Students

Graduate Students Only

  • Graduate Studies Form (online only)
  • Unofficial Graduate Test Scores Form (online only)

    Who are considered former students?

    • Students who have not enrolled at UHV for 13 uninterrupted months (3 consecutive terms) from their initial semester
    • Students with an application that has been discontinued for non-enrollment
    • Has earned a bachelor's or graduate degree