Graduate Admissions Process
Fall 2018 | August 13, 2018
Spring 2019 | January 3, 2019
Summer 2019 | May 10, 2019
Fall 2019 | August 10, 2019
UHV offers many graduate degree programs. There also are a number of specialized certifications and dual degree programs available for students. Each school’s graduate advisor is the best source of information regarding admissions to your chosen program. You also are encouraged to refer to the UHV catalog for updated admissions or degree requirements for your chosen program. Admissions requirements vary by academic school.
Admissions Requirements (Temporary Graduates)
To be eligible for admission under the temporary graduate classification in the graduate’s career, a student must have at least a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution but not be admitted to a graduate program at UHV. Students seeking graduate admission into the Master of Arts in Psychology may not apply for temporary graduate admission. The School of Business Administration limits temporary graduate admission to one semester of study consisting of up to nine semester hours.
- A completed application ($25 non-refundable fee will apply) for graduate admissions.
- An official transcript from all institutions previously attended (mailed directly from the institution to UHV). The transcript must have a prior degree(s) posted, or applicant must provide degree confirmation certificate.
- If you’re under 22 years old, the State of Texas requires you to provide proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination.
Former UHV Students
If you're a former UHV student, you are not required to submit a new admissions application. Please log into myUHV and complete the Graduate Studies Form as a non-degree seeking student.
- Update to Admissions Application – Former UHV Students
- Update to Admissions Application – (online only) Current UHV Students
- Military Waiver Request Form for Residency
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver