Freshmen Admissions Information
Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment3007 North Ben Wilson - UW 133Victoria, TX 77901P: (361) 570-4110Office Hours: M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Notice: Due to the unprecedented situation from the COVID-19 pandemic, UHV has modified the freshmen admissions criteria for the FY 2020-21 academic year. Effective immediately, new freshmen must meet a 2.5 GPA (4.0 scale) and have graduated in the top 60% to be admitted.
- Have a 2.0 GPA or higher (4.0 scale) in accordance with the Texas Administrative Code
- Graduate within the top 50%
- Meet or exceed scores of 940 (SAT) OR 18 (ACT)
- New SAT: Evidenced-Based reading/writing & math sections
- ACT: English & math sections
|Semester||Application Deadline||Document Deadline|
|Summer 2020||May 15, 2020||May 20, 2020|
|Fall 2020||August 10, 2020||August 12, 2020|
|Spring 2021||January 3, 2021||January 8, 2021|
Under state statutes pursuant to Title 3 Texas Education Code and the Rules and Regulations for Determining Residence Status made known by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) which interpret those statutes, an individual will be classified as a resident or nonresident. Residency rules are adopted and amended by legislative action.
Homeschool Graduates are required to take and submit either the ACT or SAT exam and meet 2 of the 3 requirements listed above. Upon receiving test scores, the student will be assigned a class rank based on the average class rank for those with comparable exam scores. Home-schooled transcripts must be signed by the principal.
Former UHV students are required to submit:
- Admission application
- $25 application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended since last enrollment at UHV (if applicable)
Former students are considered anyone:
-who has not enrolled at UHV for 13 uninterrupted months (3 consecutive terms) from their initial semester
-with an application which has been discontinued for non-enrollment
-who has earned a bachelor's or graduate degree
- Update to Admissions Application (online only) Current UHV Students
- Military Waiver Request Form for Residency
- Residency Affidavit
- Residency Questionnaire
- Meningitis Immunization Request for Extension form
- Online Classes Only Immunization Waiver