As an accredited four-year university, UHV awards credit that is accepted at all Texas public institutions of higher education and most private and out-of-state colleges and universities. However, all classes may not be applicable to every major at every institution.
Low Tuition Cost
Thanks to the Dual Credit MOU between participating school districts and UHV, students can take advantage of high quality education at a fraction of the cost.
UHV can work with high school partners to offer dual credit courses in a variety of formats, including
- High School Campus: A credentialed high school instructor teaches the course on the high school campus and serves as the Instructor of Record. The instructor would have to have a master's degree and 18 graduate-level hours in the field and pass UHV's screening process to be deemed qualified.
- UHV Campus: A UHV faculty member serves as the Instructor of Record on UHV's campus and students are responsible for reporting to the location for class meetings.
- Online: A UHV faculty member teaches the course online and the dual credit student enrolls along with other university and dual credit students. The student completes the work and manages their participation as any college student would. This option is suggested only for the most self motivated and college-ready dual credit student.
- Online Hybrid: A UHV faculty member teaches the course online, in close partnership with a high school teacher who supervises students on the high school campus during specified periods of the day. The teacher is available to help keep students on track and works closely with the professor to ensure students are closely guided through the course material.
Access to our high-quality services and facilities
Dual Credit students have the same access as all UHV students to a wide variety of support services:
- Advisement: One-on-One Advising with a concierge registration process
- Library: A wide range of online research databases as well as physical use of the library space.
- Tutoring Services: Tutoring options available through the Student Success Center.
- Counseling Services: Mental health support and assistance.
- Computer Labs: After-hours use of computers in public facilities on campus.
- Athletic Events: Free admission to UHV sporting events.
- Disabilities and accommodations: Students can be approved for accommodations for a UHV dual credit course upon request. Students must request accommodations through the high school and UHV for dual credit courses and will need to renew each semester a student wishes to receive accommodations in a dual credit class.
Ready to learn more?
Request information or call Educational Partnerships at (361) 570-4343 to get started.