Concurrent Enrollment Program
Suppose you are a student that has completed their junior year in high school. In that case, you are now eligible to enroll at UHV by applying for admissions under our Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP). This program will allow students to earn college credit before their high school graduation and jumpstart on their university studies. Concurrent students may not enroll in more than two university-level courses each long semester or summer session.
Who Qualifies for Concurrent Admission?
For students to participate in the CEP, they must:
- Have completed their junior year in high school; however, high school freshman, sophomore, and junior students must undergo an admission reviewing process by the Concurrent Admissions Committee.
- Be ranked in the top 50% of their class
- Have a "B" average (3.0 GPA)
- Be TSI complete by presenting a minimum SAT score of 480 EBRW and 530 MATH, or a minimum ACT score of 23 Composite, 19 English, and 19 Mathematics.
- Fill out the Dual-Credit Concurrent Enrollment Agreement with parent or guardian acknowledging and understanding of the program approving participation
Concurrent Admission Requirements
Students are required to submit the following:
- Complete the U.S Freshman Dual Credit/Concurrent Enrollment Application through the ApplyTexas Website at www.applytexas.org
- Submit a Non-refundable Application Fee of $25.00
- Submit official high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores
- Dual-Credit Concurrent Enrollment Agreement form must be submitted each subsequent semester. Students must maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average based on a 4.0 scale to continue in the program.
Concurrent Admission to the University of Houston-Victoria is only valid for the semester for which students apply. Students who do not enroll for the semester for which they are approved should contact the Office of Admissions and Student Recruitment before registering for another semester.
Concurrent admitted students would be required to pay the regular tuition rates and be permitted to enroll in college courses conducted during and after school hours and
during summer terms. Students will be allowed to enroll in up to six hours of freshman or sophomore-level courses. Keep in mind that students within CEP do not qualify for Financial Aid or Scholarships.
Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination requirement - Must show evidence of having received the Bacterial Meningitis vaccination or qualified exemption. (Students who are 22 years of age or older or planning to take online courses only - no campus-based courses- are exempt.)