Steps for Dual Credit Admission
A student's first step in the application process is to meet with their high school counselor to receive formal approval and academic advising on appropriate class selection. Students should then be ready to continue through the application process:
- Application: Online application at ApplyTexas
- Student Portal: myUHV
- UHV Dual Credit Course Request: Submit a Dual Credit Course Request and return the completed form to your high school counselor.
- Test Scores: Determine & verify student has the required test scores. If a student needs to take the TSI test, please visit UHV Testing Services for the schedule of test dates or contact your high school counselor.
- Transcript: Email current high school transcript to Admissions@uhv.edu.
- Authorization to Release Educational Records: Submit the Authorization to Release Educational Records form.
- Registration: Registration for classes will be processed by the Enrollment Management office.
- Pay for Course(s): Logon into your myUHV account
- Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Record: For all students under 22 years of age, submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination or exemption. This is only required for students taking courses on the UHV campus.
Academic profiles are created with submitted documentation and admission decisions based on that profile and accomplishments to date. High school representatives are accountable for ensuring documentation is complete and submitted on time. It is recommended that all documents are submitted together.
Dual Credit students who wish to continue their studies at The University of Houston-Victoria after high school graduation will be considered for readmission upon application as First Time in College Freshmen and will be invited to attend the Freshman Orientation.