Adult Admission Program
The Adult Admission Program is designed to offer an opportunity for students to return to college. Applicants must be at least 25 years of age, have graduated from high school or received their GED, and have earned fewer than 12 college credit hours. Standardized tests are optional.
How does the Adult Admission Program work?
Individuals eligible for this program are exempt from taking the SAT, and ACTs are admitted under the provisions of the Adult Admission Program. Students are subject to all other academic and programmatic requirements of the university (e.g., Texas Success Initiative requirements).
How to apply to UHV through the Adult Admission Program?
To be considered for the Adult Admission Program, you must submit all of the following:
- An application for admission, which can be completed online at GoApplyTexas.org
- A non-refundable $25 application fee
- An official copy of the high school transcript(s) or GED certificate or diploma
- Official transcripts of and previous dual-credit/university work
- The Adult Admissions Program Request Form
- English translated official high school transcript(s), test scores, mark sheets, or diploma
**Students with college/ university courses/degrees/ diplomas from an institution outside the U.S. must follow the International Transcript Process listed.
- Students who wish to pursue an academic field in Education may need to submit the English Proficiency Requirement (EPR) to be admitted into the program. All other areas may require EPR to be waived through a Waiver.
- Students born outside of the U.S. or with International Transcripts
All documents can be sent electronically to email@example.com or by mail to:
University of Houston-Victoria
Office of Admissions
3007 N. Ben Wilson St.
University West, Suite 133
Victoria, TX 77901