You’ve earned freshman admission to UHV, and you’ve decided to become a Jaguar. What's next?
- Setup your UHV account and email.
- Check your myUHV to-do list.
- Your enrollment specialist will reach out to you. Your enrollment specialist will help you with your financial aid, scholarships, and will connect you to your success coach and advisor.
Below you'll find a list of to-do items you'll need to complete before your first day of classes at UHV.
If you are a NEW student, activate your account.
Sign in to Student Email.
Your User Name will be your UHV 7 digit student ID@uhv.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once signed in be sure to choose the correct time zone.
How to get student email on your phone/mobile device
- Email address = followed by @uhv.edu. (Example: email@example.com)
- Password = your UHV password
Download Navigate Student and Get Started:
iOS Devices: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Android Devices: Requires Android 4.1 and up.
Instructions to download:
- Go to Google Play or the Apple App Store.
- Search "navigate student" to install the app.
- Once installed, search for "University of Houston-Victoria".
- Use your UHV log-in credentials to log in.
Applying for Financial Aid
Start your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after applying to UHV. You'll automatically be considered for most types of aid with this one application. The priority deadline for the Fall semester is January 15th. Our FAFSA School Code is 013231.
Review the steps for applying for financial aid.
Important Dates for Financial Aid
- October 1: FAFSA Available
- October 15: Spring Priority Application deadline
- January 15: Fall Priority Application deadline
- March 15: Summer Priority Application deadline
Documents received after January 15 will be processed in the following time frames:
January 16 - May 10 Within one week of receipt
May 11 - July 26 Within two weeks of receipt
July 27 - September 15 Within three weeks of receipt
Financial aid is generally awarded one week after your last document is processed. However, you will need to add an additional week if corrections are required on your FAFSA.
University of Houston-Victoria ROAR Orientation
On behalf of every member of #JAXNATION, we are excited you have decided to enroll at the University of Houston-Victoria (UHV). As you begin to make the transition into college, it's important to learn and hear from those who have been in your shoes before. Our various ROAR Orientation sessions and other programs will provide that opportunity and more!
Due to COVID-19, all ROAR Orientation sessions will be held virtually online for until further notice.
During ROAR Orientation, future Jaguars will be able to:
- Meet their classmates.
- Learn about our academic resources and involvement opportunities.
- Find out student success strategies, college expectations, and best practices.
- Acclimate to campus.
- Be prepared to rise to success.
- Experience the new facilities that await at UHV.
To register for any of our ROAR Orientation sessions, please complete the registration form located on this page. There is no cost associated with attending ROAR Orientation.
To be considered for scholarships, a student must complete the following steps:
1. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Department of Education annually at fafsa.ed.gov only if you want to be considered for scholarships requiring the student to show documented financial need.
2. Complete and electronically submit a UHV Scholarship Application to be considered for select scholarships.
Required documentation for your file should be completed by the priority deadline to ensure award determination by the appropriate term. Applications completed after the dates listed below will be processed on a "first completed, first awarded" basis. If the priority deadline is not met, other arrangements must be made for the payment of your initial fees. To view payment options offered visit Student Billing, select payment options, then select Payment Plans.
Step 2 - Check Your UHV Email and MyUHV Financial Aid Links
All financial aid notifications are sent to the student's UHV email account. Keep checking your financial aid application status periodically on myUHV. After the financial aid staff reviews the submitted paperwork, additional forms and documents may be requested. The requested documents will be listed on the To Do List in myUHV.
Step 3 - Submit All Forms Listed on Your To Do List
Log into myUHV. Click on the following links: UHV Self-Service > Financial Aid > To Do List. Click on the document's name to find out more details about the requested document and where you can go to find the form. Financial aid will not be awarded until all requested documents are submitted and processed.
Step 4 - Review and Submit Optional Forms
- Students selected for verification need to submit the following paperwork within 45 days after the required documentation is requested or the last class day of the term, whichever is first:
- Students may need to request a free copy of their federal tax return transcript from the IRS website. If the student is classified as a dependent student, UHV will request a copy of the parent's tax return transcript. If the student is married, the student will need to submit a copy of the spouse's tax return transcript. If no tax returns were submitted to the IRS, a Statement of Non-Filing Form will need to be submitted. When requesting a tax transcript, students will need the Social Security Number of the taxpayer, date of birth, street address and postal code listed on the latest tax return, a personal account number, and a mobile phone number.
- The requested *Dependent or Independent V1, V4, or V5 Verification Worksheet must be submitted.
- Students may be selected for verification by the Department of Education or UHV when a reason to believe errors may have been made when the student completed the FAFSA. A comparison of the tax documents to the FAFSA data is conducted. Discrepancies will be corrected on the FAFSA. The verification process could take up to three weeks when corrections are necessary.
- If you are classified as a Post Baccalaureate Student, complete and submit the *Post Baccalaureate Certification Form.
- Students who co-enroll can complete the *Consortium Agreement Form and provide a copy of the Paid Fee Receipt and Class Schedule from the other school. The student's financial aid package can then be awarded based on the transferable hours and UHV hours. For more details, review the Consortium Agreement web page.
- Review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and the Return of Title IV Funds Policy.
- All *Financial Aid forms must be on file and reflect correct information no later than the last class day of the term for which you are applying. You cannot receive payment if you are not currently enrolled.
* Financial Aid forms and worksheets are posted on the Financial Aid Forms web page.
All Financial Aid forms must be on file and reflect correct information no later than the last class day of the term for which you are applying. You cannot receive payment if you are not currently enrolled.
Once a student accepts his/her financial aid awards, the awards will appear on the student's billing account in myUHV as anticipated aid. Scholarships will be credited toward the students university account after all required documentation has been received and the student meets the eligibility criteria of the award.
Financial aid will not disburse to a student's account if Financial Aid forms or documentation are still appearing on the student's To-Do List; the eligibility criteria is not met; a financial aid hold is on the student's record; or the student's cost of attendance budget and awards have not yet been revised to meet his/her current enrollment status. If one semester remains in an academic year prior to the student's graduation, the scholarship may be prorated according to the student's enrollment status and can be disbursed in one disbursement.
UHV begins disbursing financial aid to the student accounts no earlier than the first day of class. The financial aid will be applied to current year charges. Any resulting credit balance will be issued to the student. Students will be notified via UHV email when their financial aid is applied to their student account.
Any resulting credit balance will be issued to students in accordance with the refund preference they have selected through BankMobile.
Applying for housing at the University of Houston-Victoria is easy through our electronic Housing portal. The housing application for the Fall 2021/Spring 2022 academic year is now available! Submit your housing application and agreement below using your UHV Student ID login and password.
Only students who have been admitted to the University are able to apply.
Once you login to TAP you will see your new MY HOUSING icon! Click the icon and it will take you to our housing portal!
Step 1 -- Complete the housing application.
Step 2 -- Electronically sign the housing agreement
Step 3 -- Submit the $200 housing deposit
For more information about housing options or to get assistance with the application process, contact the Department of Residence Life by email or (361) 485-4404.