Annual Budget Priorities for FY14
In a difficult climate for state funding, there are two basic priorities for the coming fiscal year: 1) focus on unit growth and productivity; 2) reduce funding for activities not immediately related to unit goals.
The following priorities should be observed:
- Maintain the financial stability of the institution:
- Fiscal stability requires that we consolidate functions and funding wherever it is possible to do so without undermining growth and quality.
- It may also require very modest and targeted increases in student fees.
- Maintain university commitments to increasing enrollment and to collaborating in the delivery of academic programs and related services both on site and online:
- To residential students in Victoria;
- To commuting students in Fort Bend and throughout the service area.
- Maintain the UH System’s commitment to providing access to the people of the greater Houston region and the state, making student success the top priority of this component university—as stated in the System’s Mission and Goals.
- Assess and respond to educational, student life and academic support needs in Victoria and throughout the service area.
- Assess and ensure quality throughout all aspects of the delivery of programs and services
- Support faculty research and professional development to the extent that resources permit.
- Maintain and continue to improve technological resources, especially to facilitate delivery of effective instruction and related services.
- Provide, insofar as possible, some meaningful recognition of the extraordinary efforts of faculty and staff to bring about the successful launch of UHV as a destination university, while also maintaining the university’s commitment to off-campus and online delivery of instruction and support services.
Dallas PD Recruitment Visit - 3/2/2015
Pop-N Mondays - 3/2/2015
Stand Up To Stigma - 3/2/2015
5-on-5 Basketball League Week - 3/2/2015
Open Gym Basketball - 3/3/2015UHV Newswire