From: Dr. Philip Castille, Chair of Budget Committee
To: Department Heads
Date: November 7, 2011
Subject: FY 2012-2013 Budget Process
Budget hearings will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 2012. The hearing schedule can be found on the Budget Department website at http://www.uhv.edu/Budget/BudgetBook/2013/hearingSchedule.aspx. Hearings are open to all faculty, staff, and students who wish to attend. Planning and Budgeting Instructions are available at http://www.uhv.edu/Budget/BudgetBook/2013/Instructions.aspx.
Budget requests should be accompanied by a written explanation of the critical need for funding and a rationale of why reallocation within existing budgets cannot meet unit goals.
The verbal presentation at the budget hearing should be concise and address the following:
- An explanation of how your departmental budget fits with the University mission.
- New opportunities and needs ranked in priority order and justified in terms of their importance to major program objectives.
- Improved and more cost effective ways of carrying out present initiatives.
- Budgeted activities or positions which can be reduced or eliminated when they no longer support program objectives.
- A cost summary of the major budget requests. (May use Budget Request Summary form on Budget website)
The budget package submitted at the hearing consists of the following:
- Completed Unit Performance Indicator Form with performance objectives for FY 2012-13.
- Unit Plan Form showing (1) how new resources for FY 2011-12 are advancing unit goals and strategies and (2) general unit goals and strategies for FY 2012-13.
- Budget forms: (1) Budget Request Summary (with all requests/needs in priority order) and (2) detailed Budget Request Forms for M&O, positions and capital items.
If you have any questions concerning the planning and assessing process, please contact Tong-Ai Zhang (Ext. 4323) in the Institutional Research Office. Questions on the Unit Performance Indicator Form or Unit Plan Form should be addressed to Tong-Ai Zhang. Additional information and forms are available at http://www.uhv.edu/Provost/Planning12-13/.
If you have questions concerning budget requests and pertinent forms, please contact Krystal Murray (Ext. 4859) or Darlene Pullin (Ext. 4850) in the Budget Department. Additional information and forms are available at http://www.uhv.edu/Budget/Forms.aspx
Thank you for your work and support at University of Houston -Victoria.
Jaguar Day Open House - 2/28/2015
Dallas PD Recruitment Visit - 3/2/2015
Pop-N Mondays - 3/2/2015
Stand Up To Stigma - 3/2/2015UHV Newswire