The UHV Guarantee is a financial aid opportunity that awaits next year's freshmen, sophomores and eligible Jaguar Pledge recipients. Beginning in fall 2012, eligible recipients whose families have an annual income of $50,000 or less can expect to have all of their tuition and fees covered by federal, state and/or university aid while they are pursuing their bachelor’s degree. Those whose families have annual incomes from $50,001 to $90,000 will have 50 percent of their tuition and fees covered, and those with family incomes of more than $90,000 will receive up to a $1,000 UHV scholarship, pending available scholarship resources. The UHV Guarantee covers tuition and fees during only the fall and spring semesters.
To be eligible for the UHV Guarantee, a student must be:
- A new UHV freshman or sophomore in fall 2012 or an eligible Jaguar Pledge recipient
- A Texas resident from outside the Victoria area* pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Eligible to receive federal, state and/or university aid
- Taking face-to-face classes on the Victoria campus at UHV and enrolled full time (12 semester credit hours) at UHV each semester.
✓ Freshmen – 12 hours face to face
✓ Sophomores – at least 9 hours face to face plus 3 more hours either face to face or online
✓ Juniors and Seniors – at least 6 hours face to face plus 6 more hours either face to face or online
- In good academic standing (minimum 2.0 grade-point average; complete 67 percent of original course load, not to exceed 180 attempted hours) each semester
Steps to Receive the UHV Guarantee for the 2012-2013 Academic Year
- Apply for admission to UHV (second-year students do not need to reapply).
- Complete the 2011-12 FAFSA.
- Complete the 2011-12 UHV Scholarship Application.
- Review the “To-Do” list for required documents at MyUHV and submit them in person to the Office of Financial Aid (Room 110, University West), by fax (361-580-5555) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Check your UHV student e-mail account frequently for information regarding your financial aid status.
- Accept your grant and scholarship awards in the Financial Aid section of MyUHV.
For more information about the UHV Guarantee and all other financial aid opportunities, call the Office of Financial Aid at (361) 570-4125 or toll free at (877) 970-4848, ext. 4125.
*The UHV Guarantee is not available to students from Victoria, Calhoun, DeWitt and Lavaca counties and portions of Gonzales, Jackson, and Refugio counties.
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013