The UHV Guarantee is a financial aid opportunity that awaits new freshmen, and sophomores from outside the Victoria area* whose families meet federally certified income requirements. Beginning in fall 2013, eligible recipients whose families have a documented annual income of $50,000 or less may have all of their tuition and fees covered by federal, state and/or university aid while they are pursuing their bachelor’s degree. Those whose families have annual incomes from $50,001 to $90,000 may have 50 percent of their tuition and fees covered, and those with family incomes of more than $90,000 may receive up to a $1,000 UHV scholarship. The UHV Guarantee covers tuition and fees during only the fall and spring semesters.
To be eligible for the UHV Guarantee in fall 2013, a student must be:
- A new UHV freshman or sophomore
- A Texas resident from outside the Victoria area* pursuing an undergraduate degree
- Eligible to receive federal, state and/or university aid as verified by a completed FAFSA
- Taking face-to-face classes on the Victoria campus at UHV and enrolled full time (12 semester credit hours) at UHV each semester
✓ Freshmen – 12 hours face to face
✓ Sophomores – at least 9 hours face to face plus 3 more hours either face to face or online
Steps to Receive the UHV Guarantee for the 2013-2014 Academic Year
- Apply for admission to UHV (second-year students do not need to reapply).
- Complete the 2013-14 FAFSA.
- Review the “To-Do” list for required documents at MyUHV and submit them in person to the Office of Financial Aid (Room 110, University West), by fax (361-580-5555) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Check your UHV student e-mail account frequently for information regarding your financial aid status.
- Accept your grant and scholarship awards in the Financial Aid section of MyUHV.
For more information about the UHV Guarantee, renewal requirements, and all other financial aid opportunities, call the Office of Financial Aid at (361) 570-4125 or toll free at (877) 970-4848, ext. 4125, or go to www.uhv.edu/ofa/uhvguarantee.aspx.
*The UHV Guarantee is not available to students from Victoria, Calhoun, DeWitt and Lavaca counties and portions of Gonzales, Jackson and Refugio counties.