Skip to Main Content
UHV Logo
University of Houston - Victoria

Beginning Freshmen – How to Apply

(Students who have a U.S. high school diploma or GED education, or less than 12 semester credit hours of college credit.)

What to Submit

Before a student will be fully admitted to University of Houston-Victoria, the following items must be on file in the Office of Admissions and Records. Please contact the Office of Admissions & Records at, 361-570-4110, or toll-free 877-970-4848 x110 for more information.

  • Application for Admissions - Apply using the Apply Texas common online application.
  • Official high school or home school transcript or official copy of GED certificate.
    • The high school transcript should show class rank, grade point average, and date of graduation. Seniors may submit applications and transcripts during the fall or spring semester of their senior year showing the current grade point average and class ranking; however, your school must send an official final transcript as soon as possible after graduation.
    • The home school transcript should show the high school courses completed and in progress, explanation of grades, grade point average, and any honors. The transcript should also include the signature of the principal.

  • Official college/university transcripts from all institutions attended, if applicable. This also applies to students concurrently enrolled in a secondary school while attending a college/university.
  • ACT or SAT test score results – Scores must be sent directly from the CollegeBoard or ACT, or on official high school transcripts.
  • Proof that the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) * requirement has been met – Submit official THEA, TASP, ASSET, COMPASS, SAT, ACT, or ACCUPLACER scores or provide proof of a valid exemption from the TSI requirement. Refer to TSI information regarding valid exemptions.

    * ALL students must satisfy the TSI requirement prior to participation in orientation or registration. (Minimum TSI requirements pending.)

  • International Students (non U.S. citizen nor a permanent resident of the United States; a holder or prospective holder of an F-1 student visa) – Visit UHV's "International Student" website for application process/deadlines and required documents.