Transfer Admission Requirement
Transfer students should refer to the following regulations concerning transfer of credits to UH-Victoria. A student in doubt about courses which can be transferred to this university may consult the Office of the Registrar and Student Records. Information as to how specific courses may be applied toward a degree should be obtained from the school of the student’s proposed degree.
Students with 12 or more semester credit hours of college credit, other than high school advanced/dual credit from an institution accredited by one of the six recognized regional accrediting associations are considered to be transfer students.
- A completed application for undergraduate admission (Apply Texas)
- An official transcript from EACH college attended, sent directly from each institution to UH-Victoria. (Request electronic submission, if possible.)
- Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale in all non-remedial college level coursework. In addition, before enrolling, students must show completion of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirements or show college readiness according to provisions of the TSI and UHV and, Students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses.
Transient (Visiting) Undergraduate Students - One Full Term Only
- A completed application for undergraduate admission with Non-degree seeking major specified.
- Provide proof of one of the following: Letter of proof of enrollment in good standing from current university enrolled in, OR an official transcript from the current university enrolled in. Transient student status is limited to one (1) full term of study only. Additionally, students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses.
UH-System Student Pathways Program
The University of Houston System Student Pathways Program is designed to make all UH System institutions accessible to all undergraduate UH system students. Through this program, an undergraduate student in any of the four UH System universities, with the approval of their academic department, is able to take up to six hours of courses toward their degree, at any of the four UH-System universities. An application is available on the UH-System website or at
- A completed application for postbaccalaureate admission.
- An official transcript from all institutions previously attended (mailed directly from the institution to UH-Victoria). Transcript must have prior degree(s) posted, or applicant must provide degree confirmation certificate. Additionally, students under the age of 22 must submit proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization prior to registering for courses.