Transfer Graduate Admissions
Transfer (Students with 12 or more semester credit hours of college credit, other than high school advanced/dual credit)
A transfer undergraduate student must have earned at least a 2.0 (A=4.0) cumulative grade point average in all non-remedial college level coursework from a(n) institution(s) accredited by one of the six recognized regional accrediting associations. The six associations are Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Transfer students must also have satisfied the Texas Success Initiative (TSI) requirement, or shown college readiness according to the provisions of the Texas Success Initiative and UHV. Please refer to the Texas Success Initiative section of this catalog for more information regarding TSI.
A student who is not eligible to continue work at another institution because of academic failure will not be admitted to this university until he/she has met UH-Victoria’s Readmission from Academic Suspension policy:
1. A first suspension applies to the fall or spring term, plus any intervening summer sessions, immediately following the suspension. A student would be eligible to reenroll after the suspension period.
- Students placed on first academic suspension at the end of a fall semester are not eligible to re-enroll until the following summer.
- Students placed on first academic suspension at the end of a spring semester are not eligible to re-enroll until the following spring.
- Students placed on first academic suspension at the end of a summer session are not eligible to re-enroll until the following spring.
2. If suspended a second time, the student may not reenroll for a period of at least one year (12 months) and must submit a petition in writing to the academic dean for readmission. Example: Placed on second suspension after the Fall 2009 term; eligible to reenroll Spring 2011 upon successful appeal to the academic dean.
3. If suspended a third time, a student may not reenroll at UH-Victoria for a minimum of three years. Students may appeal to the Academic Council for reinstatement after the third year. Example: Placed on third suspension after the Fall 2012 term; eligible to appeal for reinstatement after the Fall 2015 term.