Taiwan - How to Apply/Checklist
- Applications are open to apply for the summer study abroad trip to Taiwan. Apply as early as possible to ensure flight availability and reasonable fare price. Each student will be responsible to make thier own flight reservation (approx cost $1,800 - $2,000). Recommended flight numbers and intinerary from Houston will be provided. All students must arrive in Taipei on Sunday July 14 , 2013 at 8p local time. The best flight prices are obtained with early reservation. The closer to the date of departure, the more difficult it is to get space and a reasonable ticket price. The application deadline is May 1, 2013 .
Click here to view the Information Session flyer: Study_Abroad_Information_Sessions.pdf
- 1. Today - Complete the Taiwan Application and submit. (Non-UHV students must first fill out the Texas Common Application and be admitted to UHV.)
- 2. Seven days after applying, log onto "MyUHV" and pay the $100 deposit to confirm your application.
- 3. Apply for any appropriate financial aid, scholarships, loans, etc. Be sure to consider future study abroad plans in filling out the FAFSA .
- 4. April 14th. - Register for either MGMT 4300 or 6300 through "MyUHV".
- 5. Obtain visa if required. http://www.taiwanembassy.org/US/HOU
- 6. May 1 - Make flight reservations and pay for fights. Houston - Los Angeles - Taipei return.
- 7. May 1 - Obtain your International Student Insurance Card to cover emergency evacuation and repatriation. http://www.isic.org/ .
- 8. May 30 - Pay UHV tuition, fees and
- 9. June 1 - Purchase additional medical insurance if required.
- 10. July 10 & 11 - Attend class in Sugar Land.
- Prepare for travel by finalizing any travel documents and/or arrangements. (ie Passports, visa, airfare, insurance.) Health precautions, (ie immunizations, prescriptions) and any personal matters. An International Student Identity Card may be purchased online at http://www.myisic.com/MyISIC/GetYourCard/GetYourCard1.aspx.
- Several weeks before departure, log on to Pre-Departure Orientation and follow the instructions
Dates & Events
Grant Meeting - 5/22/2013
Open House in Victoria - 5/23/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
UHV SBDC staff members earn global certifications - 05/17/2013
UHV student receives Salute to Nurses scholarship - 05/16/2013