Taiwan - How to Apply/Checklist
- Applications are open to apply for the summer study abroad trip to Taiwan. Apply as early as possible to ensure flight availability and reasonable fare price. Each student will be responsible to make thier own flight reservation (approx cost $1,800 - $2,000). Recommended flight numbers and itinerary from Houston will be provided. All students must arrive in Taipei on Sunday July 14 , 2013 at 8p local time. The best flight prices are obtained with early reservation. The closer to the date of departure, the more difficult it is to get space and a reasonable ticket price. The application deadline is April 1, 2013 .
Click here to view the Information Session flyer: Study_Abroad_Information_Sessions.pdf
- 1. Today - Complete the Taiwan Application and submit. (Non-UHV students must first fill out the Texas Common Application and be admitted to UHV.)
- 2. Seven days after applying, log onto "MyUHV" and pay the $100 deposit to confirm your application.
- 3. Apply for any appropriate financial aid, scholarships, loans, etc. Be sure to consider future study abroad plans in filling out the FAFSA student aid form.
- 4. April 14th. - Register for either MGMT 4300 or 6300 through "MyUHV".
- 5. Obtain visa if required. http://www.taiwanembassy.org/US/HOU
- 6. May 1 - Make flight reservations and pay for fights. Houston - Los Angeles - Taipei return.
- 7. May 1 - Obtain your International Student Insurance Card to cover emergency evacuation and repatriation. http://www.isic.org/ .
- 8. May 30 - Pay UHV tuition, fees and $500 remaining program fee plus single room supplement if applicable. ($100 deposit already paid)
- 9. June 1 - Purchase additional medical insurance if required.
- 10. July 10 & 11 - Attend class in Sugar Land.
- Prepare for travel by finalizing any travel documents and/or arrangements. (ie Passports, visa, airfare, insurance.) Health precautions, (ie immunizations, prescriptions) and any personal matters. An International Student Identity Card may be purchased online at http://www.myisic.com/MyISIC/GetYourCard/GetYourCard1.aspx.
- Several weeks before departure, log on to Pre-Departure Orientation and follow the instructions
Dates & Events
Baseball vs. Wiley College - 4/16/2014
AZL Bake Sale - 4/17/2014
SBA Building a Better Credit Portfolio - 4/17/2014
Baseball vs. Wiley College - 4/17/2014
Baseball vs. (RV) LSU - Alexandria - 4/18/2014
Baseball vs. (RV) LSU - Alexandria - 4/19/2014
More Texas high school seniors considering UHV - 04/11/2014
Spring Nursing Forum to discuss health collaboration - 04/10/2014