Provost Advisory Committee on International Education
The purpose of the group is to review, recommend, and facilitate international initiatives of the institution, as well as help to ensure quality, cost-effectiveness, and compliance in the provision of programs and support services, admission of students, and maintenance of academic standards.
- Maintain institutional focus on the Board of Regents' strategic principles and initiatives pertaining to international education.
- Ensure compliance with policy directives or guidelines of the institution, UH System, Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, and Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- With respect to the above, compile a list of international initiatives recognized by the university—to be provided to the UH System annually, as part of the budget process.
- Establish and maintain or monitor a university website that provides information on opportunities for student and faculty participation in international opportunities; indicates initiatives underway at the university; and notes international resources available at the university, including especially faculty experience.
- Serve as an institutional liaison with System-wide organizational efforts and, as appropriate and feasible, those of state, national, or international entities.
- Provide guidance, advice and assistance in the search for strategic alliances and partnerships in the implementation of international initiative and study abroad opportunities.
- Generally, provide advice, assistance, and initiative with regard to institutional involvement in international education.
Dates & Events
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
ACS - Relay for Life "Team Captain University" - 1/18/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013