London - How to Apply/Checklist
- Speak with Magen Besancon in the School of Arts and Sciences to answer any questions you may have about the program. Contact Magen Besancon at 361-570-4185, by email or University West Room 206.
- Speak to your academic advisor to see how the course will specifically fit in to your degree plan and what courses they will transfer in as. You will use this information to complete the Course Equivalency Form.
- Complete the Study Abroad Application and return it to the address below.
- Deadline to apply is March 1, 2012. Flight arrangements from Dallas DFW are made by Midwestern State University. Apply early to assure flight availability. Applications are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
- Non-UHV students must fill out the Texas Common Application and be accepted as a transfer student to UHV
- Submit the $250 deposit with your application made payable to MSU British Studies/ London by March 1, 2012
- Deposit will be refunded only if you are not accepted into the program or your course is cancelled.
- Complete the Course Articulation Form and submit it with your application.
- You must fill out the top portion after speaking with your advisor, sign and return it to the address below.
- The form will be routed to your advisor, Dean and the Registrar for final approval.
- Apply for the UHV Study Abroad Scholarship
- Submit the 2011-2012 UHV Scholarship Application.
- Log into your MyUHV account and complete the 2 question Financial Aid Summer Request Form.
- Apply for any appropriate financial aid, loans, etc.
- Be sure to consider future study abroad plans in filling out the FAFSA
Once your application is approved:
- Fill out additional paperwork in the Arts & Sciences Study Abroad office in room 206
- Accept any financial aid that has been offered via your My UHV account
- Submit payment for the remaining balance in your MyUHV account
- Prepare for travel by finalizing any travel documents and/or arrangements.
- Apply for a passport at least 90 days prior to departure
- Confirm airfare and insurance
- Receive any required immunizations and refill prescriptions
- Make arrangements regarding any personal matters
- Obtain an International Student Identity Card
- Midwestern State University will assist with this
- Check out the Travel Updates page
- It is recommended that you review the Pre-Departure Orientation at time of application and again several weeks prior to departure
Send all payments, forms and correspondence to:
Arts & Sciences Study Abroad
Attn: Magen Besancon
University West 206
3007 N. Ben Wilson
Victoria, TX 77901
Dates & Events
City Golf Championship Banquet - 5/25/2013
Degree Information Session - 5/29/2013
President's Regional Advisory Board - 6/4/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/13/2013
Vietnam War Conference - 6/14/2013
Freshman Advising and Preregistration Day - 6/15/2013
LegalShield Lunch & Learn - 6/18/2013
Sophomore sings her praises of UHV - 05/24/2013
UHV alumna honored for work with ESL children - 05/23/2013