China - Program Highlights
MGMT 4300 / 6300 – Summer 2014 - Beijing and Jinan City, China
- The purpose is to build leadership and management capabilities in students to become more valuable and competitive in the dynamic business world;
- This is the second cohort of UHV Study Abroad students to Mainland China; this program is one of the treasures for UHV, and has a great impact in both US and China.
- Strong faculty team: There are six “heavy-duty” lecturers for the program: a School of Government dean, a Business School dean, a chairman/CEO of a very well-known private firm in China, and three senior experienced professors (one from US and two famous professors from China);
- Cultural visits: These are absolutely needed for correctly understanding the Chinese culture and history: Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Great Wall, Confucius’ Hometown and Mountain Tai;
- Business visit: Site visit to Sanzhu Industries as guests of company Chariman.
- Low fee: The estimated cost for the program (four days in Beijing and 10 days in a holiday resort at Jinan City, home for Chinese culture and Confucius) is $3,000/person, but UHV students will only pay $1,000/person after a scholarship provided by Chairman Wu. Most meals and transportation within China are included in the program fee. The text book is also provided by Chariman Wu, a $140 value;
- Chairman Wu with more than 50 years of hard and successful work experience and author of the course text book will be one of the major professors of leadership in theory and practice for this class. The book used for the program is not like any of the traditional textbook.
- Assessments and tools: There are more than 16 assessment instruments and 10 leadership tools for evaluations and applications in different situations about the leadership skills, apart from short and application driven readings. Students will have a lot of hands-on experience for business consulting and practice.
- Student mix: UHV business school students will be mixed with the students from CUFE School of Government, one of the four in China for future country leaders. This is the best opportunity to build social network and exchange ideas, which will be a fantastic chance to cultivate cultural understanding at a very high level for future jobs and promotions and to create competitive advantage for our students over other candidates.
Dates & Events
Meet the Franchisor Forum - 12/10/2013
Customer Service - 12/12/2013
Quickbooks - 12/13/2013
ACS - Relay for Life - Team Captain Meetings - 1/14/2014
SABP Stakeholders Meeting - 1/16/2014
Outstanding business school graduates look to future - 12/05/2013