In addition to providing writing tutoring by appointment and on a drop-in basis, the Center also offers online tutoring.
To send a paper for online tutoring, you must first register in WCOnline, our appointment system. You will register only one time during the semester, although you’ll return to WCOnline each time you want to send a document for tutoring. When registering, you must use your UHV student email account address.
- Registration is easy. Just go to WCOnline and choose “Click here” to register. Once you’ve registered, you’ll be able to log into the system using your email address and password. Please note, you must use your UHV email address.
- To submit a paper for online tutoring, choose a “Writing Tutoring” schedule (any location).
- Then, select Click here! where prompted in the question "Looking for Online Tutoring? Click here."
- A form will appear in a pop up. Complete the fields in the form and attach your document at the end. (Microsoft Word 95 or above is the preferred program for tutoring; however, you also may submit your documents in Microsoft Works.)
- Finally, click “Send e-Tutoring Request.” You will receive a confirmation notice within one business day of the receipt of your email. Also, we'd like to encourage you to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book or friends list to ensure that automatic reply messages and tutor responses are not inadvertently sent to a bulk mail or spam folder.
Please note that you cannot send a document to us from within WebCT.
Response Time: For documents under ten pages (most undergraduate documents), tutors will respond within two and three business days early in the semester (Jan./Feb., Aug./Sept.) and between four and five business days later in the semester (March/April/May, Oct./Nov./Dec.).
Adobe Connect is web conferencing software that enables students to speak directly with math and computer science tutors from anywhere with an Internet connection.
A webcam and microphone are recommended, but not required. No software downloads are necessary, but your web browser should be running the latest version of Flash.
Adobe Connect virtual tutoring is only available by appointment. Please e-mail for more information.
Include your instructor's name, your class, and information about the problem (including your work) in the email message.
Response time: two to three business days