UHV is proud to offer students a powerful new toolbox of resources. Read&Write is a flexible literacy software solution that can help readers and writers, including individuals with disabilities, access support tools needed to reach their potential, build confidence and independence, and succeed. Read&Write (for any platform or device) makes the web, documents and files more accessible for those who have dyslexia, those learning English, or anyone who benefits from hearing text read aloud.
- Is a discrete, customizable toolbar that integrates reading, writing, studying, and research support tools with common applications.
- Offers digital supports to users at school, home, and work.
- Reads text on the screen and is compatible with Adobe Acrobat/Reader, Daisy and Microsoft Word.
- Supports writing skills with word prediction.
- Toolbar floats on top of programs such as Microsoft Word, Internet Explorer, Google Docs, Safari, and Adobe Reader and provides a variety of instant supports.
With over 20 tools available, you can:
- Hear text read aloud to improve reading comprehension, with a choice of natural voices.
- Understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries.
- Highlight and copy text from documents and web pages to create study guides, outlines or complete assignments.
- Turn text from documents and web pages into MP3 sound files for listening on the move.
- Check writing mistakes with proofreading tools.
Available for free to UHV students, faculty, and staff. Download now by logging into JagSpace and clicking the Read&Write icon to begin using these tools for success!
To download and install the software for your Mac or Windows PC devices, login to JagSpace.
Then click on ‘Applications’ at the bottom of the screen.
Then click on the Read&Write Gold Software tile.
You should then see 2 folders and series of instruction files in PDF format.
Open the folder that pertains to your device, download and install the software files.
You may also download a copy of each of the Instructions file PDF documents for your reference.
Read&Write Gold Training and Tutorial Resources
Video Tutorials for Read&Write Gold
Read&Write for Android Devices
Read&Write for iPad
Need additional help using Read&Write Gold? Visit the Student Success Center between 8:00 and 5:00 Monday through Friday.
Need Technical Help? Call the Texthelp Support Team at 1 888 248-0652 or email email@example.com