Start a New Organization
Interest Groups will register through JagSync. All required information must be completed before the Interest Group is considered for approval.
Before registering your Interest Group, students must have the following information:
- Name of Interest Group (use of the university name, initials, or logo is prohibited)
- Constitution regarding its method of operation (sample constitution can be found in the Student Organization Handbook)
- Name of a UHV faulty/staff advisor (organizations are required to have an advisor)
- Names of five student officers (GPAs must be a minimum of a 2.5)
- The organization’s membership must consist of UHV students only.
The following articles should be included in all organizational constitutions:
- Name of the Organization (use of the university name, initials, or logo is prohibited)
- Purpose and Goals of the Organization
- Qualifications of Membership
- Officers, the Election Process, and Duties (terms of office)
- Selection of an Advisor
- Meetings of the Organization
- Financial Obligations
- Non-Hazing Clause
- Constitutional Amendments and Review
These documents must be submitted before the Interest Group is registered and considered for charter.
- Hazing and Discrimination Disclaimer (can be found on JagSync as a part of the Interest Group registration process)
- Student Organization Financial Procedures (can be found on JagSync as a part of the Interest Group registration process)
The Department of Student Life and Services (SLS) will review the required submissions and verify that the Interest Group’s purpose is lawful and within university regulations. If the requirements of registration are not approved, the organization may appeal the decision to the Director of Student Life and Services.
To register a new Interest Group, please follow the steps below:
- Sign into JaySync with your UHV email ID and password. If you have not joined JagSync, you will create a JagSync Personal Profile when you log in.
- Once in JagSync, click on the “Organizations” tab toward the top of the screen. Then, click on “Register New Organization” at the top right. You will then need to click on “Student Life” and the click “Select”.
- Complete the New Organization Form. This form will be submitted to the Department of Student Life and Services. A coordinator will contact you within 5 days regarding your new Interest Group.
Be sure to review the Student Organizations Handbook before completing the registration form.