Health Services


Self-Care Guide

Walk-in Clinic Information: Victoria and Houston

H1N1 Information

In response to concern regarding the H1N1 (Swine) flu, the following informational links have been provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 

Swine Influenza/Variant Influenza Viruses

Swine Influenza/Variant Influenza Viruses (Spanish Version) 

Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Requirements

Beginning January 2012, Texas State Law (SB 1107) mandates that all entering college/university students under the age of 30 provide a certificate signed by a health care provider or an official immunization record verifying that the student has been vaccinated against bacterial meningitis, or has received a booster during the five years prior to registration.  Learn about the requirements, how to get a vaccination, who is exempt, and more.  Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Information.

First Aid Kit

We keep q-tips, alcohol wipes, hydrogen peroxide solution, and band-aids for minor cuts and injuries. The kits are located in Room 133, University West for the Victoria Campus, at the front desk in UHS Sugar Land, and at the Administration Office in UHS Cinco Ranch.

Student Insurance

The STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN is endorsed by and designed especially for the University of Houston-Victoria and meets the current requirements of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.

Coverage Periods: Spring/Summer, Summer, or Fall

Health Insurance plans that go into effect after January 1, 2014 are in compliance with the Affordable Care Act if you are insured for at least 9 months out of the year (

Domestic students (US citizens or permanent residents, or permanent resident pending) enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours during the Fall and Spring semesters, or three (3) credit hours during summer semester are eligible to purchase the University endorsed policy. Domestic students may enroll in the UHV endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan during the enrollment period specified on the insurance provider website. Domestic students may make payment for coverage directly to the health insurance provider, and will not be charged through tuition payments at UHV. Check the provider website for enrollment period dates: (

International Students (F-1 student visa holders) who enroll in any credit hours will be automatically enrolled and charged for health insurance each semester to satisfy the University policy regarding maintaining acceptable health insurance coverage. The plan for international students will include repatriation and evacuation coverage in addition to the coverage offered to domestic students. The cost for insurance will be listed on the international student’s fee statement and must be paid for separately from any applied loan amounts. International students may request a waiver for this fee based on proof of other health insurance that meets UH System requirements for acceptable health insurance coverage.

UHV Endorsed Student Health Insurance Plan


Civic Engagement


Jaguar Activity Board

Parent Programming

Student Development

Student Organizations