Office of the Provost
D. Instructional Technology
See Faculty Manual:
- G-9.1 Instructional Technology: Guide to Resources and Planning
Instructional Technology Grants:
The following are the guidelines governing the awarding of grants for faculty who put courses online. The effective date of these guidelines is the beginning of the fall semester 2004.
- Grants of $3,000 are available for full-time faculty members developing their first fully online course, and of $1,500 for continuing part-time faculty members developing their first online course. No grants for developing partially online courses will be awarded.
- Grants of $2,000 are available for full-time faculty members developing their second or third fully online course, and of $1,000 for continuing part-time faculty members developing their second or third fully online course. The total number of grants to any individual faculty member is three.
- Stipends of $500 are available for faculty members attending their initial UH System training session, which has traditionally been held each May (COW).
If another faculty member has already received a grant for putting a particular course fully online, awarding a grant to a faculty member developing the same course again is at the discretion of the Dean and Provost.
Instructional Technology Award Request Form (see Appendix E).
Updated: Summer 2005
• Deans' Guide Table of Contents