Q & A Voucher Workflow
- Q: What will the creator do if the voucher has multiple cost centers and needing multiple signatures?
- Q: When a voucher is denied for corrections, who gets the notification, and does the process begin all over again?
- Q: What do we do with the signed vouchers if it were now approved electronically?
- Q: How is the department approver made aware there are vouchers needing their approval?
- Q: Can the department approver access and approve vouchers in PeopleSoft off-campus?
A: Because only one cost center manager can approve vouchers electronically, the creator must obtain the other approval from whoever owns the cost center. The creator can obtain the other signature by e-mail, memo, or manually signed vouchers. The back-up must be included with the scanned document and attached to the voucher before it gets submitted to workflow. See Tips and Tricks on submitting vouchers for additional approval.
A: There is an automatic notification sent to creator through PeopleSoft each time vouchers are denied. As soon as the creator made the changes on the voucher, the process of submitting the voucher electronically starts all over again.
Voucher à Creator à Department Approver à AP
A: The signed copy needs to be scanned and attached to voucher in PeopleSoft before it gets submitted for electronic approval. Also, it is the departmental responsibility to keep the original invoices or copies of signed vouchers for back-up.
A: It was suggested to all department approvers to log-in to PeopleSoft at least once a day to review their worklist if vouchers are pending for their approval. Also, if vouchers are critically in need of approval the creator can notify the department approver. Note: There is a notify button inside PeopleSoft vouchers. See link to Notify Process job aid.
A: Yes, they can approve vouchers remotely when logging in through VPN Connection.
Please refer to:
- VPN User Requirements: http://www.uhv.edu/it/rac/VPNrequirements.aspx
- For Windows XP Configurations: http://www.uhv.edu/it/rac/configVPNWXP.aspx
- For Windows XP Connections: http://www.uhv.edu/it/rac/vpnWXP.aspx
A: Yes, anyone can add/attach documents to the voucher anytime. Note: the last person who updates the voucher, his/her username will show up below the status field.
A: No, the department approver can only reconcile, verify, add comments inside approval page, and approve vouchers.
A: There is a "comment" field at the bottom of the approval page where the department approver can add comment(s) anytime. Also, there are two ways the department approver can enter comments:
- If the department approver is about to take the action to deny (or approve) the voucher, but first would like to add comments on it, he/she can do so without selecting the save button. The comment(s) will then be saved automatically once the "apply button" action is selected.
- If the department approver has applied an action to the voucher, but would like to go back and add comments on it, he/she can do so by entering the comment(s) and selecting the "save button" to ensure that the comments will show up inside the "comment history."
Note: Comments need to be clear and professional.
A: Yes, under "Approval History" table just below the approval page the user can check the status of the voucher. Also, a query can be run to see the detail status of the voucher process.
UHV_WF_AP (AP voucher approval history)
UHV_WF_AP_NOT_POSTED (AP vouchers not posted)
UHV_WF_AP_DENY_WITH_COMMENT (AP vouchers deny with comment)
UHV_WF_AP_USER_ACTIVITY (AP voucher activity by user)
See Tips and Tricks on how to view query
Yes, the department manager will determine who will be their alternate approver. See the list for voucher creators and approvers.
FYS Team Meeting - 2/2/2015
Pop-N Mondays - 2/2/2015
5-on-5 Basketball League Week - 2/2/2015
Student Center Vote - 2/3/2015UHV Newswire