Why Choose UHV
Why should your son or daughter choose the University of Houston-Victoria?
- UHV provides an outstanding education that will prepare your son or daughter for a productive and rewarding career. A diverse and engaging faculty teaches in classrooms with a low student to faculty ratio, so that there is a lot of personal attention from teachers. Traditional and new popular majors are available for your student to pursue.
- UHV supports students with great financial aid options. Along with low tuition and housing rates, the Office of Financial Aid can provide great aid packages to students. Nearly 94% of students who apply receive financial aid funds! Additionally, the Student Billing Office offers short term loans and payment plans to assist you with paying for your child’s education.
- UHV offers student support services, including a Career Services office which assists students with learning to write a resume, on-the-job skills, interview skills, and job placement assistance during school and at graduation. For students not certain of their major or career path, Career Services assists with exploration of strengths and interests, and then matching these to career options and study programs.
- UHV presents students with an engaging student life, including an array of student activities and student organizations. Students can grow in leadership, donate their time to civic projects, meet with others with similar interests, and develop new interests.
- UHV and the Victoria community offer a safe and supportive environment. Your child will be able to establish independence as a young adult, while being close enough to visit home frequently.
- UHV affords students a very supportive environment, with personalized attention from staff in admissions, financial aid, records, advising, billing, housing, and more. Free tutoring is available, and a counseling center can assist with any personal issues.
- We look forward to your visit, and to showing you our facilities and explaining more about how UHV may be the right option for your child’s transition from high school to university.