UHV and UH Sugar Land Institutional Scholarships
To view the listing of UHV and UH Sugar Land scholarships, click on the link below. The scholarships may or may not have funding available for the academic year. Funding is dependent upon endowment interest income earned during the previous year.
UHV Nursing scholarships:
A limited number of Transfer Scholarships are available and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. In order to qualify, you must:
- Be a Texas resident.
- Show proof of receiving your associate degree with at least a 2.0 grade-point average.
- Be a new UHV transfer student.
- Take a minimum of 12 hours at UHV during fall 2013 and a minimum of 12 hours at UHV during spring 2014 to get the full award.
If you will receive an associate degree during summer 2013 and would like to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship, please submit a letter from the registrar’s office of your community college stating that you meet the criteria to graduate.
The UHV Transfer Scholarship application deadline is Aug. 2. The scholarship award will be $500 in the fall and $500 in the spring.
You may qualify for other scholarships if you are not eligible for a UHV Transfer Scholarship. Just fill out the 2013-2014 UHV Scholarship Application.
How to apply for a UHV Transfer Scholarship:
- Determine the campus nearest you – Victoria, Sugar Land or Cinco Ranch.
- Call (361) 570-4110 or toll free (877) 970-4848, ext. 4110 to get information about registration. An online application is available at ApplyTexas.org.
- Submit an official transcript from each college attended, sent directly from each institution to UHV, Office of Admissions and Records, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St., Victoria, Texas 77901.
- Complete the 2014-2015 UHV Scholarship Application and check the box that shows you are applying for a UHV Transfer Scholarship.
- Talk to an advisor to develop a degree plan. Degree offerings vary by campus.
School of Arts & Sciences –
Victoria Advisor – (361) 570-4185
Sugar Land Advisor – (281) 275-3039
School of Business Administration –
Victoria Advisor – (361) 570-4242
Sugar Land Advisor – (281) 275-3027
Cinco Ranch Advisor – (832) 842-2890
School of Education & Human Development –
Victoria Advisor – (361) 570-4252
Sugar Land Advisor – (281) 275-3370
Cinco Ranch Advisor – (832) 842-2854
School of Nursing –
All Advisors – (361) 570-4370 or toll free at (877) 970-4848, ext. 4370
Check your UHV student email account (created when you apply for admission) frequently for scholarship notification. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will need to accept it.