How to Apply for UHV Scholarships
To be considered for scholarships, a student must complete the following steps:
1. Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to the Department of Education annually at www.fafsa.ed.gov only if you want to be considered for scholarships requiring the student to show documented financial need.
2. Complete and electronically submit a UHV Scholarship Application to be considered for select scholarships. (http://www.uhv.edu/ofa/forms.aspx)
3. Provide your Permanent Resident Card in person to the Office of Financial Aid, if you are classified as an eligible non-citizen of the United States so a University official can authenticate the card and make a copy for your financial aid file.
4. New and returning students must be approved for admission or readmission to UHV through the Office of Admissions. Applications for admission are located at http://www.uhv.edu/oar/forms.aspx.
Required documentation for your file should be completed by the priority deadline to ensure award determination by the appropriate term. Applications completed after the dates listed below will be processed on a "first completed, first awarded" basis. If the priority deadline is not met, other arrangements must be made for the payment of your initial fees. To view payment options offered by the Bursar's Office, go to http://www.uhv.edu/bursar/PaymentPlans.aspx.
Step 2 - Check Your UHV Email and MyUHV Financial Aid Links
All financial aid notifications are sent to the student's UHV Email account. Keep checking your financial aid application status periodically on MyUHV. After the financial aid staff review the initial paperwork, additional forms and documents may be requested. The requested documents will be listed on the To Do List in MyUHV.
Step 3 - Submit All Forms Listed on Your To Do List
Log into MyUHV. Click on the following links: UHV Self-Service > Financial Aid > To Do List. Click on the document's name to find out more details about the requested document and where you can go to find the form. Financial aid will not be awarded until all requested documents are submitted. You can access a majority of the Financial Aid Applications and forms at the UHV web site: www.uhv.edu/ofa/forms.aspx.
Step 4 - Review and Submit Optional Forms
1. Students applying for Federal Direct Student Loans:
If you are interested in applying for additional Federal Direct Student Loans or you declined a loan offered on MyUHV, then you can complete and electonically submit a Federal Direct Loan Request located on eForms
If you have not previously received a Federal Student Loan, you must complete the Direct Loan Entrance Counseling session on the web at https://studentloans.gov/.
If you drop below half-time, withdraw, or graduate, you must complete the Exit Counseling session on the web at https://studentloans.gov/. A Return of Title IV Funds will be calculated if a student withdraws, which may result in a balance owed to UHV.
2. Students selected for Verification need to submit the requested paperwork within 45 days after the required documentation is requested or the last class day of the term for which you are applying, whichever is first:
Students may need to request a free copy of their tax return transcript from the IRS website at http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=232168,00.html and submit a Verification Worksheet. When requesting a tax transcript, students will need the Social Security Number of the taxpayer, date of birth, street address and postal code.
Students may be selected for verification by the Department of Education or UHV when it has reason to believe errors may have been made when the student completed the FAFSA. A comparison of the tax documents to the FAFSA data is conducted. Discrepancies will be corrected on the FAFSA. The verification process could take up to three weeks when corrections are necessary.
3. If you are classified as a Post Baccalaureate Student, complete the Post Baccalaureate Certification Form.
4. Students who co-enroll can complete the Consortium Agreement form and provide a copy of the Paid Fee receipt and Class Schedule from the other school. The student's financial aid package can then be awarded based on the transferrable hours at UHV and the consortium school. For more details, review the Consortium Agreement section below.
5. Review the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy and the Return of Title IV Funds Policy on the UHV Financial Aid Home Page.
All Financial Aid forms must be on file and reflect correct information no later than the last class day of the term for which you are applying. You cannot receive payment if you are not currently enrolled.