Avoiding Scholarship Scams
Nine ways to avoid scholarship scams are:
1. Never pay a Scholarship Application Fee.
2. Don't give out phone numbers.
3. Scholarship criteria is "open to everyone".
4. Scholarship scams do not post past winners.
5. They may have a fake nonprofit or federal status.
6. Scholarship scams request personal financial information.
7. You may win a scholarship that you did not apply for.
8. Scams claims that they will "do all the work for you".
9. They may claim that the Search Fees will give you additional information you can't get anywhere else.