Avoiding Scholarship Scams
Nine ways to avoid scholarship scams are:
1. Never pay a Scholarship Application Fee.
2. Scholarship scams don't give out phone numbers.
3. Scholarship criteria is "open to everyone".
4. Scholarship scams do not post past winners.
5. They may have a fake nonprofit or federal statuss.
6. Scholarship scams request personal financial information.
7. You may win a scholarship that you didn't apply to.
8. Scam claim that they'll "do all the work for you".
9. They may claim that the Search Fees will give you additional information you can't get anywhere else.