College Work Study
How to Apply for College Work Study Awards
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA),
- Complete a Student Employment Application on CareerLink,
- Complete any additional paperwork that the Office of Financial Aid deems necessary to establish your financial need. You will be notified on your To Do List in MyUHV if additional documents are requested.
- Apply and be admitted to UH-Victoria.
General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for college work study, an applicant must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National or eligible non-citizen,
- Demonstrate documented need for need-based financial assistance,
- Be in good academic standing and maintain satisfactory academic progress toward an eligible degree or certificate program,
- Enroll as a regular student in an eligible program,
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress,
- Must meet enrollment status requirements,
- Have registered with the Selective Service if male,
- Not be in default on any educational loan or owe a refund on any educational grant,
- Not been convicted of possession or sale of drugs while enrolled and receiving Title IV Financial Aid, and
- Have a valid social security number.
Federal College Work-Study Program
The Federal College Work Study Program provides part-time employment for undergraduate or graduate students. The average award is $5,000 per year. The wage rate is between $7.25 - $8.00 per hour.
Texas College Work-Study
The Texas College Work-Study program is a need based work study program funded by the State of Texas. It operates essentially in the same manner as the Federal Work-Study Program, with the additional stipulation that a participating student be a bona fide Texas resident enrolled at least half-time. Recipients of Texas Work Study cannot be athletes.
College Work Study Employment Procedures
Once the student has accepted the College Work Study Award in MyUHV, students should review the job opportunities with a Financial Aid Specialist. It is the student's responsibility to contact the hiring department listed, interview with the department contact, and gain employment. In addition, employing departments may also contact College Work Study applicants for an interview.
Should a student locate a job on campus, the student is required to complete the necessary paperwork in Human Resources. Students are paid biweekly. Once a student has reached his/her award limit, employment may be terminated.
- College Work Study Guide- Student Employees
- College Work Study Guide - UHV Departments
- College Work Study Guide - Off-Campus Employers
For additional information on College Work Study programs, please email Eliza Fortner or call her at (361) 570-4324.
The overview below shows the types of College Work-Study jobs that are typically available at UHV and the typical wages paid associated with those jobs. There are generally about 40 college Work-Study jobs, both on and off-campus, available through UHV each year.
The information presented meets the requirements of Texas House Bill 2504, section 4.229, “Internet access to Work-Study information.” The information here is subjected to change. If you are a student eligible to apply for college Work-Study positions, please, log into CareerLink to submit an application.
|Academic Center||Testing Services Worker||$7.25|
|Peer Writing Tutor||$8.00|
|Subject Area Tutor||$8.00|
|Business Services||Student Worker||$7.25|
|Student Worker Web Services||$8.00|
|Office of Admissions||Student Worker||$7.25|
|Career Services||Student Worker||$7.25|
|Student Services||Student Worker||$7.25|
|Snack Shack Worker||$7.25|
|School of Education||Student Worker||$7.25|
|TERO Student Worker||$7.25|
|VC/UHV Library||Library Assistant||$7.25|
|Athletic Department||Student Worker||$7.25|
|Financial Aid||Student Worker||$7.25|
|School of Nursing||Student Worker||$7.25|
|Research Assistant NSNA Grant||$10.00|
|Registrar's Office||Student Worker||$7.25|
|School of Business Administration||Student Worker||$7.25|
|School of Arts & Sciences||Student Worker||$7.25|