Office of Admissions & Records

International Students


The Letter of Financial Backing is evidence that the student will have sufficient money to cover all expenses during enrollment at the University of Houston-Victoria. This letter may be signed by the student (if self-supporting), a parent, relative or sponsor and must include recent bank documents verifying availability of funds. The bank documents must state funds available in U.S. dollars with the name of a contact person clearly stated.
This form is required for students attending on an F-1 visa.
It is not required of permanent residents or immigrants.


Before the student leaves the home country, it is very important to inquire about the regulations regarding the transfer of funds. In addition to the expenditures for travel, the student should have at least $7,000 US available funds upon arrival to meet initial expenses. The most efficient way to have available funds is to work with your bank to transfer the funds to a US bank near the university where you plan to live. Exchange rates may be obtained by contacting any banking institution. Tuition and fees for the university may be paid with Mastercard or Discover Card credit cards. For transfer information, please email the International Student Services staff in the Office of Admissions and Records.

Contact Us

University Of Houston-Victoria
3007 N. Ben Wilson, Victoria, TX 77901

(361) 570-4848
(877) 970-4848 Texas Toll Free

Request Information on Academic Programs

Social Networks

Twitter Facebook LinkedIn UHVconnect YouTube Blogger icon